Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buellton Lights 2018 Walk Behind

Post Thanks / Like

Default Buellton Lights 2018 Walk Behind

Put together a little walk behind video before I start tearing down the display tomorrow. 100% pixel with ~130k channels

2. Thanks superdave thanked for this post
    Likes superdave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Buellton Lights 2018 Walk Behind

Nicely done! I wish more DIY'ers would do a walk-thru of their displays.

I think many of us say to ourselves, "Yeah, I should do that..." but we never pull the trigger.

I do one every year for my own records because I can't remember what the heck I did one year or how I connected this to that, and I've edited/published a couple of them over the years... They can be tremendously helpful!

Good job!

http://digwdf.com/store/
    Even though the DIGWDF Store has been closed for more than a year, it's still awesome!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

Holy cow that’s impressive. I’d have to start today for a show in 2020 if that were me. Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    Nicely done! I wish more DIY'ers would do a walk-thru of their displays.

I think many of us say to ourselves, "Yeah, I should do that..." but we never pull the trigger.

I do one every year for my own records because I can't remember what the heck I did one year or how I connected this to that, and I've edited/published a couple of them over the years... They can be tremendously helpful!

Good job!
    Thanks Dave. It does come in handy next year! I referenced mine from last year several times this year. Its a great idea to document what you have done even if its only for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Dan,
    Nice video. Do you have a link to your show? Also, What breakout and power distribution boards are you using? Thanks.
    That's a feature not a bug.
    There's no charge for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Keith R View Post
    Dan,
    Nice video. Do you have a link to your show? Also, What breakout and power distribution boards are you using? Thanks.
    https://vimeo.com/user59474765 Thanks, I have a mix of everything for power distro. These are probably my favorite. Rated for 100 amps and not much more than an F8 distro. https://www.qualitymobilevideo.com/15600-10-21.html

8. Likes Dkelly0802, Keith R liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uncledan View Post
    Put together a little walk behind video before I start tearing down the display tomorrow. 100% pixel with ~130k channels
    Well done. Itís nice to see Iím not the only madman who used a city light pole in the display. I had Ray build me 6 strands of 200 square pixels on 3cm centers for it. I was thinking of sending James a design for mounting brackets and see if heíll make some from ABS or see if heíll make me some netting with custom spacing. Iíll be sure to PM you if I come up with something.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kensington View Post
    Well done. It’s nice to see I’m not the only madman who used a city light pole in the display. I had Ray build me 6 strands of 200 square pixels on 3cm centers for it. I was thinking of sending James a design for mounting brackets and see if he’ll make some from ABS or see if he’ll make me some netting with custom spacing. I’ll be sure to PM you if I come up with something.
    Thanks. I've been lighting up the light pole in my front yard for over a decade. Never asked for permission from the city, just did it. I'm always open for better options but my Boscoyo strip and zipties works well for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice walk through. How did you model the mini trees, looks like you got pretty even spacing going around the trees in a spiral wrap. I was torn between how you wrapped yours or making them with even straight lines up and down, kinda like a mega tree.

Post Thanks / Like

The 3000w Meanwells only run on 220v, correct? If so, did you have a 220 line on site already (like other than a dryer circuit)?
    Last edited by Kensington; 01-03-2019 at 10:36 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast