Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WS2811 with Raspberry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WS2811 with Raspberry

Yes, the ground of the power supply is also connected to the Raspberry ground (pin #39). When I unplug the ground of the pie, the strips stay white.
    When I try the GPIO 19 (pin #35), the strips don't react better...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattx38 View Post
    Here is the picture of Channel Outputs
    Attachment 40903
    Going back to this post. The picture shows a valid configuration for port 1. However, why did you set the group count to 3? That would cause every three pixels to do the same thing. Meaning you are sending data for over 1700 PIXELS. Do you really have that many pixels planned for this port?. This screen assumes you are using a PI hat. I am not sure which GPIO the hats are mapping the data line to. I think 18 is correct but I dont "know". You also do not have any pixels assigned to port 2 so moving to that port will not make things work any better.

If using the test screen only turns on the red LED in each pixel then you are not yet in control oof your pixels. On the test page, select the RGBW-none chase. What happens?

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I set up the Output channel with a group of 1, with 594 pixels (and 1782 channels).
    I have 6 strips of 5 meters each, with 60 leds/meter ; so I do have 1800 leds (minus some leds I had to cut off.

I was looking at the very end of the whole strip, and I only saw red color, but at the begining, I have the 3 colors when I perform the "Chase: R-G-B-All-None" test.
    The blue color disapears at 5 or 6 meters from the start and the green despears at 15 meters.

Could it be a lack of power from the power supply ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattx38 View Post
    Ok I set up the Output channel with a group of 1, with 594 pixels (and 1782 channels).
    I have 6 strips of 5 meters each, with 60 leds/meter ; so I do have 1800 leds (minus some leds I had to cut off.

I was looking at the very end of the whole strip, and I only saw red color, but at the begining, I have the 3 colors when I perform the "Chase: R-G-B-All-None" test.
    The blue color disapears at 5 or 6 meters from the start and the green despears at 15 meters.

Could it be a lack of power from the power supply ?
    ws2811 or ws2812? The 11 version has 3 or 5 tri coloer LEDs per pixel. The 12 version is 1:1.

You need to inject at every strip or they will fade.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, thank you for all your advises.
    I stop here my installation. Christmas is over, it is a real pain and way too expansive.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes this is an expensive hobby and at this point I am 30 days into my 2019 plan. If you plan to do something next Christmas, now is the time to get started.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123