Thread: Help! Help! Help! Vixen decides not to open with error message!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help! Help! Help! Vixen decides not to open with error message!

So 5 minutes before the show is supposed to start with 30 cars waiting Vixen decides that it doesn't want to open. NEVER, ever had an issue before and NOTHING has been touched or changed....just decides to give an error message that read "Profile is already in use or unable to the lock the profile." So I shut down the computer completely and restart it....same message. The I uninstall Vixen and reinstall it....same message.
    So needless to say no show for all the people waiting. Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to fix it?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help! Help! Help! Vixen decides not to open with error message!

There is a lock file that vixen creates in the vixen3 directory that needs to be removed before you can restart vixen. You must have shut down the PC without properly stopping vixen or vixen crashed.

2019 - Going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand (again). I will be dark for the 2nd year in a row. Sigh..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    There is a lock file that vixen creates in the vixen3 directory that needs to be removed before you can restart vixen. You must have shut down the PC without properly stopping vixen or vixen crashed.
    YES!! That is exactly what happened! I was running Vixen and was testing a sequence and my computer shut down suddenly without going through the regular shut down procedure.

Post Thanks / Like

Find that lock file in your documents/vixen 3 folder and delete it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk