Thread: FPP and esPixelsStick

Post Thanks / Like

Default FPP and esPixelsStick

This might be the silliest question but here it goes.

I have the Pi and FPP playing a xLight sequences playlist on the P10 matrix. FPP is also setup to control 1 esPixelStick for the animated toy soldier wireframe that uses an xlight sequence.

The outputs setting for the pixelstick are working - as the toy soldier works perfect when testing that sequence.
    How to I get the pixelstick sequence to play continuously while the FPP is playing the P10 playlist?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FPP and esPixelsStick

If you can’t or don’t want to put them in the same .fseq file, you could export the toy soldier sequence as an ‘effect sequence’ and run that in a loop on that FPP. To export the toy soldier effect sequence, left click on the model name in the sequencer tab and then look for the export model as an effect menu option. The you can use a script from FPP’s script repository to start the effect looping and another script to stop it later.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks - I got everything installed but nothing will play. I certainly missed something.
    If I ping the pixelstick from FPP - on the matrix PI or a PI only setup with the pixelstick - everything seems okay.
    If I "play" the effect through the Pi / FPP that only has the pixelstick "its works"
    But when I "play" the effect from the Pi / FPP with the matrix it does not play.

I have 46080 channels on the matrix - does that equal 90 universes - and the pixelstick should be universe 91?
    This part of FPP is new to me.

effct.png

effect2.png

script.png
    Last edited by covewi; 12-23-2018 at 01:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Any suggestions? I am sort of stuck.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Please post a picture of the channel configuration. Are you sure both PIs are set up exactly the same? You might want to ppost the config for the pi that works as well.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.

I will run the soldier off the working Pi for today and tomorrow - I will post the configuration info after Christmas.

Covewi

Post Thanks / Like

image #1 is the setup for the Pi /FPP that will control the ESPixelStick

workingPiPixeStick.png

Image #2 is the setup for the PI/FPP that will not control the ESPixelStick

matrixPi .png

Image #3 is the P10/FPP setup with the ESPixelStick that will not work.

P10Pi.png

I do not understand universes enough and will bet the problems are with the E1.31 setup.

Thank you in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Image 3 is for pixels directly connected to the PI via a HAT.

The configs in images 1 & 2 are very different. They have a different number of channels and a different start address. Copy the settings from the FPP that works to the FPP that does not work.

Is there a reason why the two are different?

The goal of the output screen is too identify which channels in the flat model the FPP uses will be sent to the controllers. Do you understand which channels in the FPP are holding the data your props need?

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

"Do you understand which channels in the FPP are holding the data your props need?" Sorry I do not.

Anyway - I cleaned up the assignments and now have two PixelSticks playing via scripts.

Can I have to different PixelSticks run different scripts?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by covewi View Post
    "Do you understand which channels in the FPP are holding the data your props need?" Sorry I do not.

Anyway - I cleaned up the assignments and now have two PixelSticks playing via scripts.

Can I have to different PixelSticks run different scripts?
    If you do not know the channel layout then you have no way to configure the FPP to forward the desired data to the correct pixel stick. Now that you can see that you have control of the pixel sticks. What do you mean by "Playing from scripts"? You need to get them to work by using the test page. Until they do expected things in response to the tests, there is no need to go any further.