Thread: too many outputs

Post Thanks / Like

Default too many outputs

Newbie to Vixen and trying to use serial "controller" to talk to an Arduino UNO.

Works fine for 6 monochrome LEDs, but when I updated my experiment to 4 RGB (12 elements) and tried to add 6 more elements to the serial controller list, I get and error "too many outputs".

Considering I'm planning 336 outputs, this is not a good sign. Any reason why it is telling me this?

(On my current Arduino-driven display, I can control the 336 "elements" by using 7 I2C control boards)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: too many outputs

You need to increase the number of outputs you defined in the controller setup. Be aware that refresh rate and Serial baud rate are important factors when determining how many channels a serial interface can support. You need to run the interface fast enough to get all of those channels to the controller within one refresh frame. 25ms is the real motion rate. If you are not doing real motion then many people use a 50ms frame rate. To me a 100ms frame rate is too choppy,

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

Gentlemen I have tried ever ones commands for the Audrin0 and non of them seem to be working. does any one have a complete working program for audrino.

Post Thanks / Like

The place I told you to change a setting is on Vixen. You need to increase the number of outputs on the Vixen serial controller configuration.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shaclayc View Post
    Gentlemen I have tried ever ones commands for the Audrin0 and non of them seem to be working. does any one have a complete working program for audrino.
    I suggest you try the sketch by Victor_PV found here http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...th-Random-mode
    It requires that you set the outputs to your nunbers.
    Also, what part of L A do you live in? I am in North Orange county.
    Kevin

2017 - Pi3 w/FPP controlling 8 ESPixelsticks driving 1250pixels and 3 Arduino MEGAS communicating with ESP-01s driving 96 channels
    2016 - 184 channels of Blinking/Flashing using 4 Arduino MEGAs and cheap home-made props.

Post Thanks / Like

Kev

I live in the San Fernando valley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk