Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: too many outputs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: too many outputs

Martin
    I'm very new to this i haven't got a clue on setting it up. When people talk about frames, outputs i couldn't to began to tell what that means i just need one that works with what i have
    1. Vixen 2.0
    2. Audrino uno megas QTY 4
    3 Generic relays QTY 4
    4. Windows 10
    5. Taking trees w/ incandescent lights
    6. 3 leaping arches w/ incandescent lights

Post Thanks / Like

setting the header is done in the vixen generic serial controller configuration. The code expects the code expects a tilda followed by an exclamation point to be sent befoore eacch frame of data. A frame of data is sent for every change in your sequence. The uno needs a way to determine which byte of data is "byte # 1" so it can send the rest of the data to the correct channels. That two character sequence allows the uno and the show player to be in sync.

2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

I PM-ed you my phone number. I can try to help over the phone. As Martin said, you need to put the characters "~!" in the header configuration field where you set up the Vixen generic serial controller. Should be where you set the baud rate at. Also, I would increase the baud rate to 57600 and make sure that they both match.
    Kevin

2017 - Pi3 w/FPP controlling 8 ESPixelsticks driving 1250pixels and 3 Arduino MEGAS communicating with ESP-01s driving 96 channels
    2016 - 184 channels of Blinking/Flashing using 4 Arduino MEGAs and cheap home-made props.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12