Thread: Adding pixels to my LOR

Post Thanks / Like

Default Adding pixels to my LOR

Hello all,
    Looking for ideas or suggestions on controlling pixels on my system. I have 5 cmb-16 with all channels hooked to dumb rgb strips. The strips outline my house. I have aquired 25 16 x 16 smart led panels which I plan to make a panel that is 80 pixels by 80 pixels for a total of 6400 pixels or I might leave them as 16x16 individual panels and place them in different spots all over the front of the house. Which ever way I do it, looking for suggestions on which controller to use. Your help will be much appreciated, thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Adding pixels to my LOR

At 6400 pixels you have gone beyond the capacity of the smaller controllers. Are you looking to do full motion animation? If so then you should plan for no more than 600 pixels on a controller port.

I like the Falcon controllers. An F16 should be able to drive your panels. Others like the SANDevice controllers. Both use E1.31 as the communications protocol. That many pixels cannot be easily driven by DMX outputs.

2019 - Going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand (again). I will be dark for the 2nd year in a row. Sigh..

Post Thanks / Like

Have sandevice e682' s in a cg1500 case with power supply for sale. Email if interested. Anthonyrusso131@verizon.net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    At 6400 pixels you have gone beyond the capacity of the smaller controllers. Are you looking to do full motion animation? If so then you should plan for no more than 600 pixels on a controller port.

I like the Falcon controllers. An F16 should be able to drive your panels. Others like the SANDevice controllers. Both use E1.31 as the communications protocol. That many pixels cannot be easily driven by DMX outputs.
    Thanks for the reply. I am not doing full animation at this time. I want to start with circles, squares and lines changing color and size to get familiar with programming.