Thread: Mounting Boscoyo Chromastocking?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Mounting Boscoyo Chromastocking?

For this year, I have added a Boscoyo DayCor ChromaStocking (the version with the matrix) but I am unsure how best to mount it. The plan is to hang it upright from a wooden fence but populated with all the pixels, it weight about 5.5 lbs. The back surface is smooth coro (where it's not covered in pixels...) so I thought about running some fishing line or similar along the coro channels in the top "cuff" part but I am bit concerned that the line will act like a cheesewire and slice through the thing... The fence looks like this:
    Fence.png
    if this not great picture helps.

Has anyone mounted anything similar and has any pointers ?

Thanks in advance,
    Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Mounting Boscoyo Chromastocking?

I havenít had to hang anything like that, but picture hanging wire would work. That is like a braided wire that is thicker than a fishing line.

Post Thanks / Like

I used some clear SPT I had laying around. A bolt through the coro with a fender washer on the front and back. I stripped back the SPT and basically soldered a loop on the end. https://www.dropbox.com/s/hrwpoxai7e..._1818.JPG?dl=0

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uncledan View Post
    I used some clear SPT I had laying around. A bolt through the coro with a fender washer on the front and back. I stripped back the SPT and basically soldered a loop on the end. https://www.dropbox.com/s/hrwpoxai7e..._1818.JPG?dl=0
    SPT as in SPT-1/2, the lamp cord ? Looks like a 1/2inch bolt assuming those are 12mm bullets - would this be about right?

Post Thanks / Like

Zip tie it to a piece of PVC pipe then use pipe strap to bolt it to the fence.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by astrosnapper View Post
    SPT as in SPT-1/2, the lamp cord ? Looks like a 1/2inch bolt assuming those are 12mm bullets - would this be about right?
    Yes its the clear lamp cord SPT2 LOL... You get the point, use whatever you have handy. Clear SPT was what I had and seemed stronger than fishing line. It seemed like a better idea to drill a 1/4" hole in the coro and put a 1/4 bolt through it with 1/4x1" fender washers. I stripped back the lamp cord and formed a small circle on each end with the bare copper wire and basically made a hoop on each end. Applied a bunch of solder to the bare copper and sandwiched it between two washers. Hard to explain exactly what I did...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions, I thought I would add an update with links to what we used in case it is useful to anyone else. In the end we went with 100lb breaking strain picture wire (https://www.homedepot.com/p/OOK-9-ft...4292/301955142) threaded through the coro "cuff" at the edge of the stocking and a wire rope clamp (https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...2984/205883072 to form a loop which was then hung over the fence. We added some thin sheet metal to reinforce the corners where the cable enters/exits the coro. We also added some cord to the bottom of the "foot" to keep it closer to the fence (since all the pixel cables at the top tend to make it pivot out away from the fe) and stop it flapping around

Some images of the completed hung stocking.
    QI3A0017_small.jpg QI3A0018_small.jpg QI3A0019_small.jpg