Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: P10 Tune To Sign (2X2)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: P10 Tune To Sign (2X2)

Quote Originally Posted by davdue View Post
    So I got this all to work with the Bar effect and I like it except for one thing. I don't like that the text scrolls through the left and right borders. So I thought why can't I create a group of the center of the sign inside the borders. So I created a line 1 and line 2 element and then copy/pasted R3C3 - R16/C62 into line 1 and R17C3 - R30C62 into line 2. I put a text effect in each of those groups but I have jumbled up text that you can't read. Any ideas why this doesn't work?

If any of you have a suggestion for a screen recorder program I could capture what my preview looks like?
    If you have the BORDER with EFFECT working, and you like it, then proper LAYERS will fix the TEXT from displaying in the BORDER.

This is what I have done:
    Set layers as follows:
    Text is DEFAULT
    BORDER is Default 2 (you could name Border) Set this layer as "MASK and FILL"
    Border Effect is Default 3 (Name at will) Set to "CHROMA KEY" and configure color to 100,100,100,85,255,0 (Green with a twist)

Change color of border to single color green, then configure that green the same as CHROMA KEY
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrGrumpy View Post
    If you have the BORDER with EFFECT working, and you like it, then proper LAYERS will fix the TEXT from displaying in the BORDER.

This is what I have done:
    Set layers as follows:
    Text is DEFAULT
    BORDER is Default 2 (you could name Border) Set this layer as "MASK and FILL"
    Border Effect is Default 3 (Name at will) Set to "CHROMA KEY" and configure color to 100,100,100,85,255,0 (Green with a twist)

Change color of border to single color green, then configure that green the same as CHROMA KEY
    So are you saying that with this I can't have a multi color border? The border effect has 3 colors. I currently have them set at red, green, and white. Really wanted just red and green but I don't see a way to remove the 3rd color.
    Dave-800Px-20KLts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davdue View Post
    So are you saying that with this I can't have a multi color border? The border effect has 3 colors. I currently have them set at red, green, and white. Really wanted just red and green but I don't see a way to remove the 3rd color.
    To remove a color, click just outside the color box, this will highlight..click remove.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so many user interface things that I need to learn. I created the borders layer and did that. It fixed the text problem. I like it. What was the border effect layer for?
    Dave-800Px-20KLts

Post Thanks / Like

The Border Effect adds an EFFECT to the border, say PLASMA. With my Layers, it would change the color(s) Border to a Plasma Border.
    Add an Effect with your Border, then add the Layer
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

You could also use the color change mixing type on that top layer. That would change the color of the stuff on the border layer to whatever the top layer is. There's several ways to skin this cat.

Once you master this technique with the border effect, try playing with the shapes effect. This will let you make fully customizable and positionable borders/outlines/frames around your stuff. The shapes effect has a ton of settings though, it can be hard to wrap your head around it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345