Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: P10 Tune To Sign (2X2)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: P10 Tune To Sign (2X2)

I have a pi zero w and the Nano pi hat running 4 P10's It works great. I also run it as a remote pi and sequence it separately using the same name fseq as the master. Thus not all the channels are being sent out.

2. Likes Ruppro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am pulling the trigger real soon with CFOL to purchase the P10's and their PiHat Nano for this sign. So I have been playing around in Vixen 3.5u4. I have the element set up and the preview created and mapped to the element. Now I am trying to change one of my sequences from 2018 to add the sign. I want this 2X2 to be really two lines of information. The top line scrolling the current song title and probably Merry Christmas and the bottom line with the tune to information. I see the text effect so I assumed I use that. How do I split this into 2 lines. Should I have 2 elements: 1 at 16 X 64 and another at 16 X64? Currently I have one element 32 X 64 (Horizontal). Is there an example or a video I can look at or watch that shows what all the attributes for the text effect do? One other thing I really like from Canispater Christmas is the border he has around his sign (see video below. 9:39 mark shows it working). Thanks in advance for your help. I won't have parts until the presale comes in so I can play with the programming/setup until then.

Dave-800Px-20KLts

Post Thanks / Like

Yes two elements, but maybe think P5 for two lines and single panel high
    Last edited by mrGrumpy; 01-11-2019 at 08:42 PM.
    In Lights Therapy

5. Likes TazChaLet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

you want 2 lines on 1 side if that is the question you click the add button under where you type in the words for the first line it will add another line below but as already stated the p10 doesn't do 2 lines very well unless you have more than 1 row of panels
    Last edited by TazChaLet; 01-16-2019 at 03:27 AM.
    James WinterHaven Fl

7. Thanks mrGrumpy thanked for this post
    Likes Ruppro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TazChaLet View Post
    you want 2 lines on 1 side if that is the question you click the add button under where you type in the words for the first line it will add another line below but as already stated the p10 doesn't do 2 lines very well
    Thanks Taz, overlooked that ADD button . Building elements on a P5 was a bear.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

Default P10 Tune To Sign (2X2)

I have been playing around with this in Vixen 3.5.u4. I havenít figured out how to do the border like Cansipater did. Anyone have an idea what effect to use for that or should I look at XLights? I really donít want to learn a new sequencing program though.

I have it set up as one element and then adding lines and programming the effects to coincide. Meaning the top line has a 5 second long text effect for the song name that repeats throughout the song. Then at the same time I have longer one that puts the time to info up and then switches to Merry Christmas after a little bit then switches back to the radio info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by davdue; 01-15-2019 at 05:11 PM.
    Dave-800Px-20KLts

Post Thanks / Like

Just use BORDERS and Layers
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like you and I are in the same design boat. One of the things I did before I started to take down my display was to get a Pi up and running FPP and see if I could get it to run my show. I currently use three E1.31 Bridges in my display using both Pixel and Renard outputs. To my delight, I got it to work. I output a sequence from my current Vixen setup to fseq format, transferred it to my FPP. With some configuring setup and re-setup, I got the sequence to play. That answered I big half of my questions. I also use a Pi in my P10 matrix. Earlier in the year I had setup a PiPixel adapter to drive some arches and my Matrix for a Gender reveal. I used them in Master/Remote mode. That worked great. All you will is set the main Pi as Master and you matrix as remote. Name the sequences the same names. In that mode the master says play sequence "1", the remote says ok, and they start at the same time. This is how I plan to make the upgrade this year. My new matrix will be on my donations and a 3 x 4 panel. Mostly showing the Donations requests at the top with the tune-to and show information at the bottom.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrGrumpy View Post
    Just use BORDERS and Layers
    Never used layers. Where can I learn about layers? I tried borders and it sort of worked but it is just a red/green alternating pattern not the chasing pattern like Canispater did. That is only with a single element for both lines. If I do two elements then I get a border around each line even if I group the two lines.

Dave-800Px-20KLts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davdue View Post
    Never used layers. Where can I learn about layers? I tried borders and it sort of worked but it is just a red/green alternating pattern not the chasing pattern like Canispater did. That is only with a single element for both lines. If I do two elements then I get a border around each line even if I group the two lines.

Start here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bLCPIOuOuo It's the first part of a four part series.
    Ed
    Happily retired

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast