Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: P10 Tune To Sign (2X2)

Post Thanks / Like

Default P10 Tune To Sign (2X2)

I am thinking about replacing my old painted Lexan tune to sign for next year. I currently am using Vixen V3.5 to fully sequence and control my show with ESP8266 ESP-01 modules with a Ubiquiti Nanostation M2 for the AP. The light controllers are a combination of Renards, Renard-Plus's, WiFi adapted SSR's, and ESPixelPop's. I am thinking of doing a single sided 2X2 P10 sign. I really like the idea of wireless since that was much easier to setup this year than the old Cat5 connections.

The top two panels would be dedicated for the Tune To information and the bottom two panels would be used to display the current song name and maybe some other things like Merry Christmas, etc. Everything I see on here seems to use either a BBB or Raspberry Pi for the sign control and FPP. Can I do all this directly from Vixen? I know I need something that receives the data and controls the P10 panels. I haven't been able to find a thread about this yet. I try to add/change at least one thing every year to my show. This would be the big thing for next year. Any suggestions, places to read, videos to watch would be appreciated.
    Dave-800Px-20KLts

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: P10 Tune To Sign (2X2)

I use vixen for my p10 panels mine is double sided 2 panels on each side I have the matrix pihat from Crocketts on the pi running fpp

(https://www.crockettfantasyoflights....-matrix-pihat/)

starts around :52 sec

James WinterHaven Fl

3. Likes thaistalyn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks TazChaLet.

So is the Pi running you whole show with FPP or just the P10. I have a laptop running Vixen connected to a DHCP router and then the AP. So Vixen is totally running the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dave-800Px-20KLts

5. Likes TazChaLet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

my pi is just running my tune to since I have small yard and use a laptop in my Florida room to run show
    James WinterHaven Fl

Post Thanks / Like

I did what James did,made a double sided candy cane pole and used a Pihat on a Pi to run just the tune to sign.
    (1)Falcon PI Player (Running the show)
    (1)Falcon F16V3
    (1)Renard SS16
    (1)Renard SS24
    (1)EDM-LCD-CS-EP
    (20)P10 Panels

WIKI
    Become A Supporting Member

Falcon Christmas
    Renard Controllers

8. Likes TazChaLet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kev7274 View Post
    I did what James did,made a double sided candy cane pole and used a Pihat on a Pi to run just the tune to sign.
    Your tune to sign is just a fixed display, meaning that it only displays the same thing over and over for the whole show? Can you display song names on it? If so what is keeping it synced with the lights controller?
    Dave-800Px-20KLts

Post Thanks / Like

It's fixed...sorta.
    I have the pole cemented into a flower pot that I can move around when I'm done. Used 50lbs of cement,so it's not to heavy.
    Yes,the sign displays the FM station that my show is running on and I have Merry Christmas and Happy New Year running on it also.
    As for keeping it synced to the controller...I just set it as a Remote on the FPP and then sync it with the Master FPP running the show. I have all my FPPs using the Sequences for the show,but not all of them have the Audio because those PIs don't
    need the audio.
    (1)Falcon PI Player (Running the show)
    (1)Falcon F16V3
    (1)Renard SS16
    (1)Renard SS24
    (1)EDM-LCD-CS-EP
    (20)P10 Panels

WIKI
    Become A Supporting Member

Falcon Christmas
    Renard Controllers

Post Thanks / Like

You can run FPP in bridge mode and then it acts just like any other e1.31 controller in Vixen, whether you can send to it over WiFi and not experience any lag, you would need to test because P10 is a whole lot more data than an ESP. The easiest/best way is to use a Pi w/ FPP as a master to run your show and then the FPP w/ the P10s would be a Remote that has the sequences for the P10 on it and only needs to receives the sync packets over WiFi.
    Matt

12. Likes Keith R liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I do things a little different....As Kev, I use FPP to play my show, and a FPP remote for the tune to sign, but here is the difference:
    I keep a P5 2X2 profile where I sequence my signs. I build a sign sequence for the matching song, making the length the same as the song sequence, and using the same name.

I have a "Sleigh Ride" fseq for the song and in another folder a "Sleigh Ride" fseq for the sign.
    When FPP Master plays Sleigh Ride [song] the FPP Remote plays Sleigh Ride [sign]

Since I use P5's, the Tune To sign is very large, splitting into "song" and "tune to" reduces the sequence file size, plus I'm wifi only, so the 24576 channels for my sign are reduced to just the FPP Master syncing with the FPP Remote.

Plus, I every playing with the sign, adding fancy and adjusting color. If I screw up the sign, the show still plays.
    In Lights Therapy

14. Likes Ruppro, TazChaLet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruppro View Post
    You can run FPP in bridge mode and then it acts just like any other e1.31 controller in Vixen, whether you can send to it over WiFi and not experience any lag, you would need to test because P10 is a whole lot more data than an ESP. The easiest/best way is to use a Pi w/ FPP as a master to run your show and then the FPP w/ the P10s would be a Remote that has the sequences for the P10 on it and only needs to receives the sync packets over WiFi.
    Sounds like I need 2 Piís then. One for the main show and one for the P10 sign. How does this change my network connections? If I use a Pi 3 for the master I donít think anything since it has an Ethernet port. Just connect it to the router instead of the laptop. I am thinking of using a Pi Zero for the sign with a CFOL Nano Matrix PiHat to connect the panels to it. Does that all sound correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dave-800Px-20KLts

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast