Thread: Pour Audio quality

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pour Audio quality

I have a song that just sounds terrible in Vixen. There are portions of the song that it sounds like a lot of clipping, popping etc, its horrible. The song sounds fine in itunes, Windows Media etc.

In Audacity, I cut out part of the song, searched for clipping, normalized, reduced amplification etc. On export I've tried several different it rates 128, 144,192 etc. I thought it was maybe the export settings but the original file sounds the same way.

Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pour Audio quality

I tried the same song on a different PC, same result.

I'm running Dev Build 609

Post Thanks / Like

Can you send me the audio file?

Post Thanks / Like

sent you a PM with link

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCook View Post
    I have a song that just sounds terrible in Vixen. There are portions of the song that it sounds like a lot of clipping, popping etc, its horrible. The song sounds fine in itunes, Windows Media etc.

In Audacity, I cut out part of the song, searched for clipping, normalized, reduced amplification etc. On export I've tried several different it rates 128, 144,192 etc. I thought it was maybe the export settings but the original file sounds the same way.

Any thoughts?
    Hello, today is my first day to the forum and I apologize if you already received an answer to this. I joined the forum today for having this exact problem.

The good news is, while waiting for approval to join the forum. I figured out something that worked. Maybe it will help you as well.

First off, I bought my songs off of Amazon and downloaded them. Then put them into Audacity simply to adjust the volume so they would all be similar sounding in a playlist.

The only thing that worked for me after many many many attempts, was the export settings in Audacity.

Changed from Joint Stereo to Stereo
    Increased the Quality to 320 kbps
    Changed Bitrate to Constant

Hope this helps you like it helped me!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I still notice an obvious difference when playing on Vixen rather than other players. But these settings helped a lot

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Unless the audio has a very low level in Audacity, it is best to leave it alone. Recompressing the file only degrades the audio, no matter what bitrate is selected. I use xLights and FPP, but if your output levels are set too high, you will clip and have distortion. Try this, as it has helped many others this time of year:

I apologize for the crudeness of the video, just did this during my lunch break. This should help resolve many issues no matter if your using FPP, xSchedule, built in audio, Sound Blaster, speakers or any FM transmitter. I forgot to mention, turn off any EQ, and turn down or off any mic input. https://youtu.be/FfW9airaXiU
    Jason Rasmussen