Thread: Megatree with 2 legs per input FX look "zoomed In" when group set to 2 in e682

Post Thanks / Like

Default Megatree with 2 legs per input FX look "zoomed In" when group set to 2 in e682

Anybody encountered this? Playback on my megatree looked fairly normal, except I had some manual effects that made use of individual strings of the 16. Each string is zig zagged and it's one input per 2 tree legs. Most things looked fine, but half of the individual string fx just wouldn't play back. I discovered that was because I had each input set to 1 group. Once i set each input in the e682 to group of 2, all the individual fx worked perfectly. Everything looks good, except the fx now look like someone zoomed in and only about the bottom 60-70 percent is visible, the rest are cut off. For example, if I had a shockwave trigger dead center on the tree, and it played perfectly last year and this year (last year was a different controller but same settings minus the group), now, the previously centered shockwave will be cut in half with the bottom of it originating from the top of the tree. So exactly what it sounds like. When someone zooms in on an image or video. The only thing whatsoever that has changed is setting the group to 2. Anybody have a clue where this issue originates or the fix? It is setup as a string of 70 pixels, first zig zag at 35.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Megatree with 2 legs per input FX look "zoomed In" when group set to 2 in e682

The group feature in the e682 is to select how a pixel is defined .
    If you set to 2 , this means that 2 pixels in your case will act as 1 .
    In turn , this will make effects look larger .

I think most of your technical issues with effects might just be a lack of your understanding and experience in regards to your sequencer .

As I am sure you are aware , there is so many things to know and experience and you seem to be having a time with all of it .

Complexity can be limited by mastering one prop at a time and fully understanding this prop in sequencing and controller configuring .

Heaping one's plate will only lead to indigestion !

Best of luck .
    Last edited by angus40; 12-08-2018 at 09:06 PM.

3. Thanks XmasinVancouver thanked for this post
    Likes ezellner, XmasinVancouver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Megatree with 2 legs per input FX look "zoomed In" when group set to 2 in e682

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    The group feature in the e682 is to select how a pixel is defined .
    If you set to 2 , this means that 2 pixels in your case will act as 1 .
    In turn , this will make effects look larger .

I think most of your technical issues with effects might just be a lack of your understanding and experience in regards to your sequencer .

As I am sure you are aware , there is so many things to know and experience and you seem to be having a time with all of it .

Complexity can be limited by mastering one prop at a time and fully understanding this prop in sequencing and controller configuring .

Heaping one's plate will only lead to indigestion !

Best of luck .
    I agree completely. This year out of the 3 years total I've done this, has been insane for one issue after another. And that's life, and we learn, and of all the issues I've encountered this season that I did not last year with an almost identical setup, each one resolved has been a learning experience that I will have going forward, ready to answer and share those lessons with the next person in that situation in our community. Again, I do apologize for being such a handful with everything this season. It's been an odd one to say the least, but it's wayyyy beyond the point of changing plans or refocusing since it's already up. Luckily, I am down to just a handful of small issues remaining One thing I've come to discover is that it's not that i'm not familiar with the sequencer....From the time I start working on the show planning up to takedown, I grow more and more fluent and knowledgeable. But the problem is that I stop cold in January, and don't boot it up again until late August/early September. And coming back in to it, despite still knowing quite a bit, I'm finding that the large gap without use is making me lose tons of proficiency, and I feel extremely rusty on all the details. Then, the cycle begins again. So after this season, I'm going to take a page from the book of apparently everyone in this community, and make a point of doing some work and planning throughout the year to prevent this.

As far as you answer above, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!! And I actually did know that, but when I banging my head against the wall trying to figure out why only 8 of the 16 individual legs would react to an fx trigger (when it worked perfectly previously for all 16 legs on a different controller, and even while only half the legs would trigger, an effect on the parent level of the megatree ( megatree--> leg 1, leg 2, leg 3 etc...) would playback properly to scale on all 16 strings), I was grasping at straws. I saw the group setting, and I thought "why not? If it doesn't do anything, I'll change it back". But it did! Suddenly, every string was playing the individual string fx again, but with the scale at double. So I can't figure out why that would fix it without a single other change or modification. One things for sure....I'll most certainly become a supporting, donating member to this site for all the times it's been my lifeline