Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audio mixer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Audio mixer

You can always get Balabolka and get some IVONA voices and make it sound natural yet digitized.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller View Post
    This was the mixer I was looking at. It's the 48 volt version.
    http://www.amazon.com/Neewer-4-Chann...ds=Audio+mixer

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
    That would get the job done, although you’ll have to run an analog audio line to your computer for recording since there is no USB connectivity.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jguenther View Post
    Yes a mixer will work for what you are wanting to do. A small mixer is all that is needed. You’ll want RCA or 1/4” or 3.5mm line level inputs to connect your FPP as well as an XLR with mic pre and phantom power for your mic. You’ll want RCA or 1/4” or similar line level outs to connect your FM transmitter.

Since your mic does not have an on/off switch, use the mixer to control it - just turn the mic volume all the way down or use the mute switch.

The mixer you linked in your 1st post should work for this. My only concern is it is 15v phantom power not 48v like normal. If you use the USB version you can just connect to your computer via USB to the mixer and use it as an audio input for recording: https://m.musictribe.com/Categories/...502USB/p/P0ALL
    That one you posted looks like a nice small unit. It says Phantom powered but doesn't say 48 volts. I'm not familiar with mics and mixers so I have to rely on you folks. If the one you posted is 48 volts then I'll probably order it today.

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't find specs for Phantom but I did get an excellent pic of unit. It is 48 volts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jguenther View Post
    Yes a mixer will work for what you are wanting to do. A small mixer is all that is needed. You’ll want RCA or 1/4” or 3.5mm line level inputs to connect your FPP as well as an XLR with mic pre and phantom power for your mic. You’ll want RCA or 1/4” or similar line level outs to connect your FM transmitter.

Since your mic does not have an on/off switch, use the mixer to control it - just turn the mic volume all the way down or use the mute switch.

The mixer you linked in your 1st post should work for this. My only concern is it is 15v phantom power not 48v like normal. If you use the USB version you can just connect to your computer via USB to the mixer and use it as an audio input for recording: https://m.musictribe.com/Categories/...502USB/p/P0ALL
    I got the Behringer you suggested. I need to get some jacks so before I order them here's a pic of how I think it should be connected. Thought I better check with someone before I order the parts and power it up.

Post Thanks / Like

I hooked it up per my diagram and it seems to work perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear! Diagram looks to all be correct.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12