Thread: Audio mixer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Audio mixer

I'm thinking about adding a little extra pop to my display this year. I would like to start playing a song with lights on and then an electrical sound that mimics a short and the lights go out. I want to record someone saying "Oh, Oh. The lights went out" and then say "The problem is fixed" and start a song but not a Christmas song. When song is playing you hear the scratching of the needle across the record and song stops. I've got all that figured out including the electrical noise and the record scratch. What is the best or at least something decent that I can record audio and insert into the recording? Type of microphones would help also. I just don't want to spend a ton on it. I saw this but not sure if it's what I need.
    http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-502-...ds=Audio+mixer

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pmiller; 12-08-2018 at 04:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Audio mixer

You can just record with your PC. I record with Audacity

I use this mic.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Microphone-...nULi:rk:3:pf:0

Also, we usually record setting in our master closet because all of the clothes give it a nice quiet place to record with no background noise.

I have one of the mixer your showed but only use it between my PI and my FM transmitter / stereo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCook View Post
    You can just record with your PC. I record with Audacity

I use this mic.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Microphone-...nULi:rk:3:pf:0

Also, we usually record setting in our master closet because all of the clothes give it a nice quiet place to record with no background noise.

I have one of the mixer your showed but only use it between my PI and my FM transmitter / stereo
    I recorded on my Mac and it sounds like I'm in a tin can. I thought maybe a mixer would help. The recording I made is cool but the voice is garbage. Maybe just a mic would help.

Last edited by pmiller; 12-08-2018 at 07:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Itís probably the room youíre in, try the closet no joke thatís what we do and it works! Before that it sounded like a tin can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCook View Post
    Itís probably the room youíre in, try the closet no joke thatís what we do and it works! Before that it sounded like a tin can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Since I don't have a mic the closet isn't an option. Would be hard to get my computer in it. Maybe cover myself and the computer with a blanket.

Post Thanks / Like

I put a large towel over my head and the computer. What a difference. I'm going to order a mic which will probably be better than the internal mic of the computer. I did accomplish what I set out to do. It will debut in tomorrow night's show. May even post it here.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you thought about using 'THX Robot'? You can download it from several places. Lot's of fun to use.