Thread: 2 arches locking up

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 arches locking up

I have 8 hdpe arches with the controllers sitting between 2 and 3 and 6 and 7 so the cable runs to those arches is about 1 ft. The runs to 1 and 4 and 5 and 8 are about 7 ft. No problem last year but this year arches 5 and 8 keeping locking up on all white and even stay on at end of sequence. Have to kill power to them for a second and then then work fine for about 5 to 10 minutes then lock up again. Thought it might be the lights but changing arches keeps the problem at 5 and 8. Now I'm thinking the run is too long although 1 and 4 are fine with the 7 ft runs. Anyone familiar with this problem?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2 arches locking up

Are you power-injecting? Or reducing your brightness?

As soon as you mention "all white"--then that's a pretty good clue that it's power-related.

Post Thanks / Like

Not power injecting as each arch is only 2 and half meters of lights and intensity is at 75 percent. Will try 50 percent.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree sounds like power issues. Measure the voltage at the end of the arch and see what you have coming out. Even half a volt can cause issues.

If your running 682 controllers change out the inline resistor packs with 33 ohm. Iím running 30 foot cables with no issues after the change and itís all I run in my 682ís

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure your connections are solid. I was having some weird pixel issues on a window frame this week and I tracked it down to a poor ground connection. I soldered the connection and all is well. Poor grounds will cause weird issues. If it worked last year there is a possibility there is some corrosion. That was my issue.
    Thanks,
    Brian, your friendly site Admin.

Post Thanks / Like

Just an update as issue still persist with arch #8 only. Today I replaced the power supply but still happening. Has to be in connection or controller.....which is a pix lite long range where main controller is at house with cat5 going out to arches and a 2 channel receiver between arches 6 and 7.....another receiver is between 2 and 3.