Thread: Random Pixel lighting

Post Thanks / Like

Default Random Pixel lighting

I'm having an issue with one string of pixels randomly lighting up individual pixels with different colors, both when the show is running and when it's not. I'm running a long distance 30' with a pixel extender inline. Pixels are power injected in the middle of the line and power looks good. Any ideas what could be causing this? Not a horrible issue but I notice it and it bothers me, I don't think most viewers will notice it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Random Pixel lighting

I was just having a similar issue with one of my window frames. After some time I was able to determine it was a poor ground connection. I soldered the connection and all is well. When wacky things like this happen it usually points to a ground issue. Poor ground will cause some strange things to occur.
    Thanks,
    Brian, your friendly site Admin.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Random Pixel lighting

I also had a similar issue but had to rewire using twisted pair Cat5 cable to correct. It was about a 30 foot run. All of my other connections were crimped and soldered, voltages checked good. Boosted data did not help in this case. Not sure where the EMI is coming from but with all those wires, it could be anywhere.
    Ed
    Happily retired