Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 - Light of Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2018 - Light of Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    Believe it or not, I only needed 7 wireless extension cords! Three of them had multiple sockets, though...

Thanks for the comment! I'm hoping it's not my last year but it depends on multiple external factors. I scaled back quite a bit this year as is evidenced by a relatively empty front yard. That helped... somewhat... but the tour buses are the main problem. We live in a quiet neighborhood and a lot of folks would like it to remain that way. We don't have a HOA or a policing issue; it's more of a mutual concern for all our friends. And, of course, Mrs. Dirk...
    I'm lucky in that regard. I got all my neighbors to participate!

Post Thanks / Like

I am so out of the loop. I didn't see that DIYChristmas.org was doing a video this year, and I too, am using this song. Scaled back or not, I like the way you used all of the elements for your show. Very nicely done. Hopefully, the show will go on!
    That's a feature not a bug.
    There's no charge for that.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not looking good for next year so I'm already preparing. Here's my new tune-to sign for 2019. I'll probably just have a few static lights next year, and a floodlight pointed at this sign. The buses will come by and hopefully, the sign will chase them away and they'll take me off their list. Maybe that'll open the door to put a show on the following year.

show_cancellation.jpg

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store has closed. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the nearly seven years we were open!
    The store will remain open for downloading documentation and other files, including Gerbers and DipTrace design files.

Post Thanks / Like

Dave,

I would hate to see you go. Not only have I learned a whole lot from you and your inventions. You could also be sporadic about if/when your show plays, throwing a curve to the tour buses. How about a DIGWDF sensor that detects tour buses and kills the show?

Tony
    Tony
    Live since 2007
    Back after a break.
    Putting the Yule back into Yuletide.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    It's not looking good for next year so I'm already preparing. Here's my new tune-to sign for 2019. I'll probably just have a few static lights next year, and a floodlight pointed at this sign. The buses will come by and hopefully, the sign will chase them away and they'll take me off their list. Maybe that'll open the door to put a show on the following year.

show_cancellation.jpg
    Maybe you should play this
    on repeat for next Christmas to get your neighbors in the spirit and to go along with the sign .
    Long faces and high cheek bones .........a real debbie downer christmas display !

Good Grief Charlie Brown .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12