Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want to throw in the towel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Want to throw in the towel

I just got back from my deployment yesterday, and was checking everything out today. The string along my roof is no longer working - but it was working fine before I left in October. I'm using an E1.31 with pixel extenders. I have good power to everything, and the packet count in the 1.31 is increasing. I've tried another pixel extender, and still nothing. I did notice one thing weird - about 80% down the line is a single blue pixel.

Does anybody have any thoughts? I'm so frustrated... My son's birthday party is tomorrow and I wanted to do a show for everybody.

Thanks for your time.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Want to throw in the towel

Wet.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

What is wet? The power supply is in the garage and other pixels run fine on it. The pixel extender is mounted in an enclosure under my soffit, and like I said, I swapped it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Try a different port on the E1.31. I had a 1 of the 6 ports go bad on one of my three, it was a bad pin on the parallax micro processor.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I tried that too with one that is working. Still no luck. I also tested the Ethernet cable.

Post Thanks / Like

For grins, I just setup another output identical to the current one and still nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Had this happen to me last year twice, first time water seeped in and created a cross between the data and the power, cause a couple nodes to be on. Second time I never got the syringe working, pretty sure one of the WS2811 chips went bad. Get up on to string with a the lights on kntest mode and start touching all connections, wiggle them, that's how I found the problem on my first string.

8. Likes outbreak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I will do that first thing tomorrow! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for delay....got called out.

Wet, look at your pixels for possible leak between lens and waterproofing material (resin, silicone, ?? ) I had a similar issue and noticed the water. Took the lights down and used a hair dryer on them. When tested after drying, the first 12-15 worked, then some flickered, then blank. Continued the hair dryer, with length on and lit, and the flickering units started coming on. Keep working the dryer until I had all lights working. Needless to say, they work, but not in the rain....but they work under the eaves, with lens down.
    In Lights Therapy

11. Likes outbreak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Also check if you have any solder connections that may be getting wet. But the blue pixel makes me wonder if you aren't having a bad pixel, but I wouldn't expect that to interfere prior to that pixel.

My issue was water in the pigtail connection I had at the peak. Sometimes they would go out, sometimes solid on, sometimes multicolor, and other times just be flashing but to the wrong colors in the sequence. So the symptoms can vary if it is moisture crossing between power, data, and/or ground.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast