Thread: Ez rj45 or Pass through rj45 .. what I wish I knew in the beginning .

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ez rj45 or Pass through rj45 .. what I wish I knew in the beginning .

It is important to note that it is best to get rj45 modules that match you cable .
    cat 5 , 5e for cat 5, 5e modules
    cat 6 -cat6 modules

I had wanted to get the ez rj45 tool from Platinum tools but I found a better solution that has much better reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ez rj45 or Pass through rj45 .. what I wish I knew in the beginning .

I absolutely hate the ez-rj45. We have some at work. If I do use the connectors because there is nothing else on hand I will use my standard crimpers and trim the ends with a utility knife. The ez-rj45 crimp tool is garbage as far as I am concerned. I have had issues with those connectors too, if the ends are not trimmed completely flush sometimes they will not engage a jack completely.

I much prefer the 2 piece rj45 connectors now. Those are the cats meow as far as I am concerned.

In the end, whatever works for you is good.
    Thanks,
    Brian, your friendly site Admin.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ez rj45 or Pass through rj45 .. what I wish I knew in the beginning .

This tool and the modules work like a dream .
    It does not get any easier than this .

Please note : This is the pass through and not the ez rj45 from Platinum !
    Last edited by angus40; 12-06-2018 at 04:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using the Platinum EZ RJ45 for years with no trouble.

Post Thanks / Like

personally I don't like any of the connectors that allow the wire to push thru the connector. I like the standard connectors with the solid front. I use a crimper like this:
    https://www.greenlee.com/products/CR...oduct_id=17708

It provides even pressure on all of the pins and gives a better termination than any of those that press on an angle like pliers do. It also has the trimmer in the handle so you only need the one tool.

Post Thanks / Like

As a follow up , here is just how well they seat . Listen for it !