Thread: Need Help loading the QM Vamp plug-ins on my MAC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need Help loading the QM Vamp plug-ins on my MAC

I've been using my 15" laptop to do sequencing and run the schedule. I have a 27" imac as my home computer and was thinking why not sequence on the Mac (much bigger screen and more power)and just use the laptop to run the schedule. So last night I downloaded Xlights to the mac...no problem. Went to download the QM plug in and can not seem to get it to work. I followed the instructions in the Xlights manual as to which directory to copy the QM files. The problem I ran into is there was no VAMP folder in the plug-in directory on the MAC. I created the VAMP folder but I'm not sure that is what I was suppose to do. Can someone please help.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need Help loading the QM Vamp plug-ins on my MAC

You SHOULD just need to do:

Code:
    mkdir -p "~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Vamp"
    cd "~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Vamp"
    tar -xzf ~/Downloads/qm-vamp-plugins-osx-v1.7.1.tar.bz2
    cp -a qm-vamp-plugins-osx-v1.7.1/* .
    Dan Kulp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dan for the quick response! I'm a long time windows user so this MAC is a PITA sometimes.

Sorry, I'm still confused. I copied the files below to a VAMP folder I created in Library/Audio/plug-Ins/ . I think this is what's wrong. Should the install of Xlights have created a Vamp folder?

qm-vamp-plugins.dylib
    qm-vamp-plugins.cat
    qm-vamp-plugins.n3

Post Thanks / Like

Xlights won't create a folder anywhere. You would need to create it. Also, which "Library" folder? The one from your home directory or the system directory?

That said, be careful of the filenames. I'm not sure how case-sensitive the vamp loader is for it's searches. I would probably do a "rm -rf ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/vamp" to wipe out the plugins and then copy/paste the above commands to make sure the right case is used for the names.
    Dan Kulp

Post Thanks / Like

Still can't get this to work. Can you explain a little more what "rm-ft" means? I'm dumb when it comes to my MAC. I did try and change the case of the folder mane but it still won't work.

Post Thanks / Like

Got it to work. Thanks