Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to fix ws2811 lights flicker like being reset???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How to fix ws2811 lights flicker like being reset???

Last night I disconnected the upper run from the split, and ran the lower section, I noticed the flickering was greatly reduced. But I did notice a flicker but I think that is from vixen redoing a short 23 second show cycle. So I looks like my problem is noise related, so I'm going to have to probably swap out the data line with a shielded one.

Oh ok, so instead of using famp's couldn't I just use two more pixels and wire them really close, like you said within a couple inchs. As wouldn't the pixels also condition and boost the signal strength? I guess the only down fall would be an extra pixel in my line.

Ya my original plan Was to do one long length of lights around the whole house (300ish feet around), but making the sheet metal channel And drilling 26mm holes every 6 inches takes a really long time. I did half the house and it took me 45 hours to get them to the point of turning them on for the first time. Plus I was also dealing with temperatures around 25-32 degrees Fahrenheit. Expanding to around the house might be the plan next summer when it's warm and I don't have to hold onto sheet metal in the cold.
    Last edited by Jyman; 12-07-2018 at 01:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How to fix ws2811 lights flicker like being reset???

yes two pixels would be better than none. the drivers have a bit more ompf than pixels.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123