Thread: short Light sequence with long audio file.

Post Thanks / Like

Default short Light sequence with long audio file.

I have a simple light sequence I use for weeknights, however I would also like to play an audio file with Christmas music.
    I have tried adding two schedules one playing the sequence and the other playing audio file, but it seems FPP does not play more than one schedule at a time.
    Any suggestions on to accomplish this?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: short Light sequence with long audio file.

Quote Originally Posted by tecnageek View Post
    I have a simple light sequence I use for weeknights, however I would also like to play an audio file with Christmas music.
    I have tried adding two schedules one playing the sequence and the other playing audio file, but it seems FPP does not play more than one schedule at a time.
    Any suggestions on to accomplish this?
    don't make it more complicated than it has to be...don't overthink it ( I do it too) why not just duplicate the sequence within itself to make it match the length of the song? just copy/paste the effects again / again until you reach the end.

Post Thanks / Like

Well it is a 60 min audio file. I suppose I could break it up, into individual songs.

Post Thanks / Like

60 minute audio file. Holy smokes. What are you running for 60 minutes?

I run a sequence when the show is not running. It is a 1 minute voiceover from thedementedelf. I have a mostly static sequence for it and it just repeats for hours on end. Midnight through 1630 each day, 7 days per week. This way the house is never dark and I get to notify any customers of the show times.

edit: I reread your post and understand what you want to do now. I would run each song as a separate sequence and the schedule them for the hours you want in a playlist named "static". Like posted above, I would just copy and paste the sequence data you have now into each new sequence over and over until it fills the duration of the song. I am assuming you are using V3 for sequencing and should not do that. What are you using to sequence?
    Thanks,
    Brian, your friendly site Admin.

Post Thanks / Like

I use V3. This is my first year with FPP and I was looking for something like in V3 where you can have things run in background like a audio file with about an hours worth of Christmas music and my Tune to sign. Sun~Thurs I run two super simple sequences all night.