Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vixen/FPP/Arduino/Pixels? Help Please

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen/FPP/Arduino/Pixels? Help Please

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    So, I'm using the Victor Code as above, and when the sequences are not running I get the random blinking of my AC lights and they all work (16 of them). I added the ~! Header to the Output controller options in FPP and I put it on the generic serial port setting in Vixen. When the Show is running I see the amber light on the Arduino blink fast and none of the lights turn on. I've tried to reload the FPP and Ardiuno in different combinations and no luck. (all off, ext power off arduino, plug in fpp, watch Arduino come up, re-add power to arduino etc) I know the output to the AC lights are good because the random mode works, which also tells me the victor code made it into the Arduino. The Grounds are shared. Any ideas of anything else to check? I have an issue between the Arduino and the pi, but i don't know what or how to test it?
    Are you sure you have the baudrate on the FPP and on the Arduino set to the same value?

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Everything is set to 57600, i just double checked, Vixen/FPP and Arduino code i used

Post Thanks / Like

Get the Arduino running directly from your computer without the Pi/FPP first. Then connect it to the Pi/FPP. That way you will know where the trouble is.
    Kevin

2017 - Pi3 w/FPP controlling 8 ESPixelsticks driving 1250pixels and 3 Arduino MEGAS communicating with ESP-01s driving 96 channels
    2016 - 184 channels of Blinking/Flashing using 4 Arduino MEGAs and cheap home-made props.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks you everyone for your ideas and support.................and tonight I was going to get back at it and everything is working perfect. AC lights are blink like they should. House pixels are all good. music over FM all good. I have no idea what was wrong. Gremlins......

Had a few cars stop out front check it out. One sent me a message and said they loved it.

My Simple show........Vixen/FPP/Arduino Megga/925 Pixels on the house 16 AC lights on the lawn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12