Thread: Live Streaming

Post Thanks / Like

Default Live Streaming

I have an idea - however - a bit challenging.

Live Streaming from the DVR cameras. The DVR supports "X" amount of users @ one time.

I do not do Music Sync'd shows - however if this works, I will seriously consider it providing it does not cause a network bottle neck.

I have 3 physically separate networks. Local LAN, Internet and Lights.

Idea is to have a website that will link to the DVR in real time. In some respects, I would imagine my 5mb/s should be fast enough at 640x480 ... I have not had the time to indulge in the math, latencies, etc.

Anyone do something like this or have some experience with what I am considering?

Would be awesome to be able to share with friends and family in real time. I have a 1200 pixel matrix that I would also like to accept remote requests ... It is slated to go from 20x60 to more like 100x300 ... Considered just tossing a Waterproofed "BIG SCREEN TV" - Wife will not have it.

Thanks for any suggestions!
    -Eddie

The missus wants to ride!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Live Streaming

Check your upload speed, because that's the issue you'll need to address. If you have a 5mb internet connection, my guess is that's the download speed and your upload speed is about 1/10th that or less.

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store will be closing at the end of December -- but there's still a little stock left!
    While it's still open, please check us out for blinky-flashy gizmos that nobody else on the planet makes!

Post Thanks / Like

One of my buddies is using https://webcam.io/ to stream one of his cameras to youtube. It's working great.

Post Thanks / Like

You can Livestream using a cell phone, this will work great if it's a one-time thing.

Post Thanks / Like

How?
    3rd Year - 640 channels - 18,706 lights - 1 Lost Mind
    FACEBOOK: Fallatt's Charlotte Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

There's an app for that

You could also live stream to youtube or facebook via your mobile device. You can do it with a real camera too if you like, but for that you need a hardware encoder for a few hundred bucks.