Thread: how to i link different objects?

Post Thanks / Like

Default how to i link different objects?

I have my house outline divided in 2 Pixel strings. The problem is my preview of my sequence in Vixen is not the same as what i get on the house. How does this graphical representation make it to the actual? For instance I have a sting the goes around my outline then to a window then to another window. the outline is counter clockwise but the windows are wired clockwise. I know when I added them to the controller I added them so that each pixel was lined up in order.

Running FPP 2.5 GPIO 18 and 19. Pin 18 for the right side of the house and 19 for the other

When drawing my objects (windows an outlines) I drew them in the same way the lights were put on the object including start point and direction
    Last edited by Casper; 12-05-2018 at 10:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: how to i link different objects?

I watched the Vixen video on linking elements but I'm not sure that's what I need to do

Post Thanks / Like

This is likely a difference in how you have the individual elements patched to the controller vs how they are linked in the preview. I would walk through them element by element in the preview and make sure when you click them they light up in the proper order. So if string 1 has element 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 patched in that order to the controller, does the preview then light them up in the proper location the string runs when you walk through them in the same order.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jeff! I was sure each of the Pixels were set to 3 color but many were set to 1. I think it was because I did not allow enough objects in the controller setup. I upped the amount of outputs on the controller and i fixed the pixels and made them all 3 connected per element. The show is looking much better now. I have another post where I'm working on my arduino for the outside AC lights almost there........

Post Thanks / Like

The problem I do have is the AC lights that I have linked to Generic Serial device. I have 16 linked, When I look in the graphical view 4 look like they are link to RGP and not just a single color. I tried different variations to get them to a single color but I cannot seem to get them there. Is there a certain sequence i have to follow in order to get this to goto a single color?VixenColors.jpg
    Last edited by Casper; 12-06-2018 at 06:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    The problem I do have is the AC lights that I have linked to Generic Serial device. I have 16 linked, When I look in the graphical view 4 look like they are link to RGP and not just a single color. I tried different variations to get them to a single color but I cannot seem to get them there. Is there a certain sequence i have to follow in order to get this to goto a single color?VixenColors.jpg
    Those only have a single dot on the right side of the color breakdown, so they are only a single color. You don't necessarily need the color breakdown there but it will not hurt anything either as long as it is the right color to match and pass the proper color values through.

Post Thanks / Like

ok Thanks Jeff.