Thread: Arduino Christmas Light Controller Code Modification

Post Thanks / Like

Default Arduino Christmas Light Controller Code Modification

Hello

I am wanting to modify victor_pvs code at (http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...th-Random-mode) to add a couple of features, but considering Im new to coding I need help. The features I want are dimming with the H11AA1 PWM circuit (unless code is already built in for it) and the ability to add 2-way toggle switch to add normal mode (Vixen/random mode) when off, all channels on in on position 1, and all channels off in position 2.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Arduino Christmas Light Controller Code Modification

I would say that that is a major modification. If you are wanting to make the modifications as a code learning opportunity then I would suggest examining how ZParticle implemented dimming. If you are just wanting a dimming sketch, I would suggest using ZParticle sketch as it exists. You might find it easier to add the switch function to ZParticle sketch since it already incorporates one switch.
    Kevin

2017 - Pi3 w/FPP controlling 8 ESPixelsticks driving 1250pixels and 3 Arduino MEGAS communicating with ESP-01s driving 96 channels
    2016 - 184 channels of Blinking/Flashing using 4 Arduino MEGAs and cheap home-made props.