Thread: Weird issue with xLights and FPP

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weird issue with xLights and FPP

I haven't gotten much in the way of feedback anywhere else so I'll post here. I am running FPP 2.5.2 and my show is made up of wired and ESP wireless. I have about 9 songs on my playlist. ALL of them except one play perfectly in sync, wired and wireless. I couldn't ask for them to play any better. Then I sequenced "Santa Shark" on Sunday in xLights and uploaded it to FPP. My other songs are still fine, wired and wireless, but when "Santa Shark" comes on my wireless North Poles (8) and Mini Pixel Grids (3), unicast are all 4 seconds behind. I have some GECEs that prefer Multicast and just added them into the sequence and I'm not sure if they are 4 seconds behind or not. I was too tired last night to even look. I switched all of my Unicast ESP's to Multicast, which gave me a lag which I expected, then changed them back to UNICAST and they were very happy. They are all working and like I said in sync with the 9 other songs... then "Santa Shark" comes along and they are 4 seconds behind. I am at a loss.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Weird issue with xLights and FPP

Well I will answer my own question. Seems like the sequence I created was 25ms and for some reason FPP didn't like that and the Unicast wireless props were lagging by 4 seconds. Changed to 50ms and it's dead on. Problem solved

3. Likes superdave liked this post