Thread: How to flash esp-01s with cp2102

Post Thanks / Like

Default How to flash esp-01s with cp2102

Does someone have a beginner link for a step by step for flashing the esp-01s with a cp2102 usb to ttl, I have been looking for a couple hours but I'm a little lost.

And could really appreciate the help, thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How to flash esp-01s with cp2102

Ok I don't really need a step by step anymore. But I believe I have managed to program the Renard wifi pixel stick with the espixelstick flash tool. But now I think I have problem it says programming complete, but in the serial output it says connecting with DHCP.

Have I done something wrong or is it just a waiting game now?

Post Thanks / Like

No, that's the message you should be getting at the end of a flashing session. If you provided the correct SSID and password to the wireless network you'll be using, and if your wireless network is set up for DHCP services (they usually are by default), it should connect to your wireless router and display the IP address the router gave it.

Then you can type that IP address into your Internet browser's address bar and connect to it with your computer and configure/test things from there.

Good luck. May the Schwartz be with you.

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store will be closing at the end of December -- but there's still a little stock left!
    While it's still open, please check us out for blinky-flashy gizmos that nobody else on the planet makes!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you dirknerkle,

For conferring I was doing something right, I'm still kind of new to programming. I dont quite do it enough to be good at it.

It was taking forever for it to connect and give me the IP address. I finally restarted it while holding the button and it gave me the ip right away. I have been testing it to make sure it works an extra strip.