Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My first 3D design for Arch bases, includes 3" PVC mount/elevated cable compartment

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My first 3D design for Arch bases, includes 3" PVC mount/elevated cable compartme

I haven't played with carbon fiber yet. I am waiting to see how these hold up this year. I am a bit dis-appointed in the life span of HDPE. The UV rays really get to it and I need to replace them every two years.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My first 3D design for Arch bases, includes 3" PVC mount/elevated cable compartme

I like how you hid the electronics inside the candy cane tube. Nice.
    Thanks,
    Brian, your friendly site Admin.

Post Thanks / Like

What software did you use to design the base?

Post Thanks / Like

Autodesk Fusion 360

Post Thanks / Like

Did you get a chance to upload this to thingiverse?

Post Thanks / Like

any chance this fits 1" Pex? i'm looking into a dual arch support for 1" pex. theres one on thingiverse but its for 3/4.. dont ask me how i know

Post Thanks / Like

I used 1 inch HDPE pipe from a plumbing supply, outside diameter is a little shy of 1 1/8". Sharkbite has the same dimension. The inside diameter of my base pipe tube is 1 1/8 inch. I did sign up for a ThingaVerse account and uploaded my files. I have to wait 24 hours to publish it since I was a new member. As soon as I publish, I will replay with link.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to print this up, however I only need the 1 for the psu, did you design for just the base and end pieces as well?

Post Thanks / Like

The top, where the power supply and esp are mounted, is a separate piece that is attached to the base. I only printed the top part for where I needed the power supply and control and just the base for the rest of them. I did not design a specific base for the last arch in the series (for one arch end). The base includes the raised floor and the 3 inch tube to slide a 3 inch pvc pipe on. The top part is 7 inch by 2 inch (the flat side on inside) with an outside curve to match the 3 inch pipe. The holes in it were designed specially for a Meanwell 25S power supply and a ESPixelStick.

Post Thanks / Like

Link to 3D files on Thingaverse

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3355028

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast