Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first 3D design for Arch bases, includes 3" PVC mount/elevated cable compartment

Post Thanks / Like

Default My first 3D design for Arch bases, includes 3" PVC mount/elevated cable compartment

This is my first attempt in designing a 3D Arch base from scratch. It is designed for 1" HDPE , 3 inch PVC pipe to cover electronics and an elevated floor for cable connections. Each base powers and controls two arches (150 pixels total) and I use a dummy base for the second arch(no electronics). I have 12 arches that are 7 feet wide and 2.5 feet tall. I keep the arches low so the rest of my display is not blocked. I only went through two prototypes before the production one (LOL).
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks Airwolf16 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My first 3D design for Arch bases, includes 3" PVC mount/elevated cable compartme

Very nice work!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My first 3D design for Arch bases, includes 3" PVC mount/elevated cable compartme

I'd love to buy some, how would I possibly do that?

Post Thanks / Like

Very slick design. And only 2 prototypes. Not bad.
    Iíve been through 3 renditions of my mini tree topper and base. But Iím pretty happy with it now and may post it up On thingeverse.
    Last edited by Cdanna77; 12-03-2018 at 07:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

great work
    James WinterHaven Fl

Post Thanks / Like

How long did it take to print?

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to try to put these up on thingiverse tomorrow. Not counting the printer, they cost me about $5 each to print

Post Thanks / Like

As far as printing, the base part takes 28 hours to print (20% fill) and the 7 inch extension about 3 hours. Takes about 250 grams per base and there are recessed holes for 3 mm screws to secure Meanwell power supply and pixel stick. Very pleased with my printer, it printed pretty much non stop for 2 weeks without one issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Not to be a killjoy, but I have had issues with the simple pvc T's and pvc breaking in high wind. Trying to rethink how to convert the bases to metal. Just a thought, in 2 years of shows I have had 3 break so far in the wind. Have others had this experience? Mine are not guyed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aknflyer View Post
    Not to be a killjoy, but I have had issues with the simple pvc T's and pvc breaking in high wind. Trying to rethink how to convert the bases to metal. Just a thought, in 2 years of shows I have had 3 break so far in the wind. Have others had this experience? Mine are not guyed.
    have you tried using a carbon fiber filament? this would help the rigidity of it.

also thumbs up on this, I know a few people that would make great use of something like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast