Thread: Show Network Set Up

Post Thanks / Like

Default Show Network Set Up

I've hit a few problems trying to set up a Show network and Static address in FPP.
    Created static address 192.168.1.** (Home network 192.168.0.*)
    Ran cmd and added route for static address however Ping did not work - Reply from 192.168.0.*:Destination host unreachable.
    Re-started Pi and it shows static address I created.
    Now I can't access FPP GUI.

Is there a simple way to reset Pi/FPP back to DHCP and use my home network? (until I know what I'm doing!)

Thanks
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Show Network Set Up

Try changing your computer's IP to 192.168.1.100. With your PC and the PI connected to the same network, you should be able to get to it. When you're done changing it back to DHCP and rebooting it, change your computer's IP back to either DHCP or your previous IP for your own network. Then you should be okay.

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store will be closing at the end of December -- but there's still a little stock left!
    While it's still open, please check us out for blinky-flashy gizmos that nobody else on the planet makes!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    Try changing your computer's IP to 192.168.1.100.
    Logged into my router and tried to change to 192.168.1.100 and gives an IP conflict warning:LAN IP address and cable modem can not be in the same subnet

Post Thanks / Like

Leave the router alone. Just change the IP address on your computer ONLY. Because the PI and your computer will be on the same wire, you should be able to connect to it directly, change it back to DHCP and reboot it. At that point it should find your home router. Then you change your computer back to the way it was and reboot it, too. Then everything should be on your home network again.

By changing the PI's address to 192.168.1.x, you moved it to a different subnet than your home network. To connect to the PI your computer has to be on the same subnet. All I'm suggesting is to put it back to DHCP mode, but to do that, you have to change your PC's address to the same subnet as the PI, then make the changes in the FPP config and reboot it. It should then find your home router again. Then you need to change your computer back to the same subnet as your home network (or use DHCP) to get back to normal.
    Last edited by dirknerkle; 12-03-2018 at 04:40 PM.

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store will be closing at the end of December -- but there's still a little stock left!
    While it's still open, please check us out for blinky-flashy gizmos that nobody else on the planet makes!

5. Thanks MikeF thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks dirknerkle, all sorted now and have access back.
    In super quick time as well. Bonus!

I understand Subnets a bit more now with the way you explained it.
    Thanks again
    Mike