Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Issue with element turning off at wrong time

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Issue with element turning off at wrong time

    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenNightmare View Post
    No i did not. I simply copied the code. I'm not sure how to make those changes.

    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Ok. I figured that out and added the header box. It's doing the same thing. Very odd...

    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Issue with element turning off at wrong time

    Here is a video of what I'm working on. You will see Jack Skellington's face working. Then towards the end of the video it starts to go wrong.

    https://youtu.be/Eb5ZSp5Hznc

    (It really gets bad at the end of the song, but that is not in this video). The eyes and nose should stay on the entire time (once he turns on). They seem to shutoff or blink when other effects do.

    Thanks again for the help

    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Issue with element turning off at wrong time

    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenNightmare View Post
    Ok. I figured that out and added the header box. It's doing the same thing. Very odd...

    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "It's doing the same thing". Do you mean doing the same thing with the Victor sketch? If so, you may have a problem with the sequence, not the sketch.
    Kevin

    2017 - Pi3 w/FPP controlling 8 ESPixelsticks driving 1250pixels and 3 Arduino MEGAS communicating with ESP-01s driving 96 channels
    2016 - 184 channels of Blinking/Flashing using 4 Arduino MEGAs and cheap home-made props.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Issue with element turning off at wrong time

    Quote Originally Posted by kev View Post
    "It's doing the same thing". Do you mean doing the same thing with the Victor sketch? If so, you may have a problem with the sequence, not the sketch.
    Yes. It is doing the same thing with the Victor sketch. If I set a plug for set level. It should stay on? It's flickering with other plugs.

    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Hudson MA
    Posts
    3,213
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Issue with element turning off at wrong time

    are you playing the show using vixen or fpp? If vixen, do you have more then one copy running?


    2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Issue with element turning off at wrong time

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    are you playing the show using vixen or fpp? If vixen, do you have more then one copy running?
    From Vixen. Only 1 copy playing

    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Issue with element turning off at wrong time

    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenNightmare View Post
    Yes. It is doing the same thing with the Victor sketch. If I set a plug for set level. It should stay on? It's flickering with other plugs.

    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    OK. so with two different sketches it is doing the same thing. That leads me to think that you have a hardware problem such as SSR. Or you have a sequencing problem.

    What type of SSR are you using? Are you powering them with a separate power supply? Do you have all of the DC grounds tied together?

    What about the MEGA, how are you powering it? If by the USB cable, you might want to try powering with a separate power supply.

    A couple of pictures of your setup might help.
    Kevin

    2017 - Pi3 w/FPP controlling 8 ESPixelsticks driving 1250pixels and 3 Arduino MEGAS communicating with ESP-01s driving 96 channels
    2016 - 184 channels of Blinking/Flashing using 4 Arduino MEGAs and cheap home-made props.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Issue with element turning off at wrong time

    Quote Originally Posted by kev View Post
    OK. so with two different sketches it is doing the same thing. That leads me to think that you have a hardware problem such as SSR. Or you have a sequencing problem.

    What type of SSR are you using? Are you powering them with a separate power supply? Do you have all of the DC grounds tied together?

    What about the MEGA, how are you powering it? If by the USB cable, you might want to try powering with a separate power supply.

    A couple of pictures of your setup might help.
    Great info. Thanks! I am not currently home till tomorrow night for pictures. But i am powering x2 - 8 channel relays with power supply from same power supplying 16 plugs.

    The arduino is powered from USB only. I try adding a power supply to arduino, and a separate power supply for relays. And let you know if that worked in a couple days.

    Thanks again!!

    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Issue with element turning off at wrong time

    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenNightmare View Post
    Great info. Thanks! I am not currently home till tomorrow night for pictures. But i am powering x2 - 8 channel relays with power supply from same power supplying 16 plugs.

    The arduino is powered from USB only. I try adding a power supply to arduino, and a separate power supply for relays. And let you know if that worked in a couple days.

    Thanks again!!

    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    I added separate power supply for relays and a power supply to arduino. No change to the issue. All DC grounds tied together on relays.

    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Issue with element turning off at wrong time

    you are only using 16 channels (2x 8ch ssr) but your first sketch is setup for 48 channels. Try reducing the defined number of channels in your sketch.
    Kevin

    2017 - Pi3 w/FPP controlling 8 ESPixelsticks driving 1250pixels and 3 Arduino MEGAS communicating with ESP-01s driving 96 channels
    2016 - 184 channels of Blinking/Flashing using 4 Arduino MEGAs and cheap home-made props.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •