Thread: RJ45 Pass through dongle/Gland

Post Thanks / Like

Default RJ45 Pass through dongle/Gland

I remember seeing a site that offered a 4 inch and an eleven inch version of a RJ45 Cat5 cable dongle/gland, but dam if I can find it now. I can find one on Wired watts, that matches the type but not the size I need. Any help ouit there?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: RJ45 Pass through dongle/Gland

Icstation M20 Waterproof RJ45 CAT 5 5E 6 Ethernet LAN Cable Coupler Connector 8Pin Female to Male https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MXV74LT..._0JFaCbZPW2BN9

Post Thanks / Like

Columbus GA, USA

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IP68-RJ45-E...f/142681340475 I like these. Can make a custom length internal cable, and the external has a gland type cap to seal it.

D

Post Thanks / Like

This may be what the OP is looking for. It has a bulkhead mount with a built in gland and a couple different "pigtail" lengths. It comes with the mating gland.

I use them.

I like them:
    I mount them facing down and I do not bother with the mating gland. The RJ45 connection is open to the air but recessed up away from coming down. That has worked for me.
    They give enough room to plug into a controller board and them route to the bottom of the controller box.
    I also cut the male tip off and re-crimp using my on pinouts for DMX conversion dongles.

I hate them:
    It is very difficult to remove a cable because the shroud around the connector doesn't leave room to trip the unlock level on an RJ45 connector. I have to use a small screwdriver (or twig while troubleshooting in the freezing rain when the nearest small screwdriver is 5 minutes away across the clean carpet).
    The latch on the socket can get bent and although the connector snaps in place, a good electrical connection is not made (while troubleshooting in the freezing rain with the show console 5 minutes away across the clean carpet)
    They are expensive (while troubleshooting in the freezing rain ... uh, nevermind), but they are less expensive than most other IP67 RJ45 connectors.

I will have to checkout the ones DrewDennis mentioned.