Thread: Having controllers produced in large quantities, or pre-made units

Post Thanks / Like

Default Having controllers produced in large quantities, or pre-made units

Hey all, so I built a large number of AC SSR controllers myself this past year, and have people clamoring for more next year.

After working on this all year, I'm hoping to not spend my whole year soldering and assembling again. Does anyone know of a place that could bulk assemble something like that? I've got some places that can likely get me the circuit board fully assembled, but I'm thinking of the box, power cables, plug in headers, etc.

The other option would be to buy an off the shelf box from someone else. I'd need 8-12 SSR channels with a zero cross circuit.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer!

36978258_10112283420428915_2141670096232251392_o.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Having controllers produced in large quantities, or pre-made units

Depending on where you are located, there are often several contract manufacturers (CM's) that will do exactly that. They will build, test, package but its all at a cost. So your price to the end customers is will probably go up. If you want more details on what it takes to get this done, feel free to contact me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Utimgr View Post
    Depending on where you are located, there are often several contract manufacturers (CM's) that will do exactly that. They will build, test, package but its all at a cost. So your price to the end customers is will probably go up. If you want more details on what it takes to get this done, feel free to contact me.
    Thank you! I'll look into that.

I charged cost of parts ($50-$60) last time around. I assumed it would probably triple if I have someone else make them.

Post Thanks / Like

Where are you located? If you fill out your profile, it will show in your posts!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukewarrior View Post
    Where are you located? If you fill out your profile, it will show in your posts!
    Added!
    Thank you.
    I'm in Delaware Ohio, just north of Columbus.