Thread: Getting ready to sell off display and DIY items.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting ready to sell off display and DIY items.

Sadly now, I am in the position that I have to sell my house and probably won't be doing a display anymore due to health issues and not really knowing what is going to happen in the coming future.

I have around 160 blow molds now (some are even still in the original bags!). Most all of them are in good to excellent condition as I have always strived to take care of them.

My biggest problem is "Where can I go look up some of these and see what they might be worth?". I don't want to give them away but I am also not going to try and charge an arm and a leg for them. I have a lot of the same type (ie, I have 25 of the TPI trumpet angels with 4 of each color), 16 of the drummer boy, and so on. I just want to be fair to buyers as well as to myself as the sale of my display is going to be my retirement at this point!

Thanks for any help you can give or point me in the right direction. I won't be ready to sell any till later on in the spring as I am in the process of moving my things out of the house now and doing the sale of it first.

After I get "moved" in the spring I will have a lot of DIY stuff for sale as well. I will post them when things slow down and I can find all the stuff and have it ready to sell. This is just my beginning of selling off a lot of Christmas oriented items.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Getting ready to sell off display and DIY items.

I am very sorry to hear about your situation.

I cannot offer any help of pricing, but I have a friend that has a friend that lost a large number of blowmolds in a fire. I started the conversation with my friend to gauge his friend's interest in acquiring your collection.

Do you have an inventory that you could share?

3. Thanks beeiilll thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry-Rigs View Post
    Do you have an inventory that you could share?
    I just re-read your post and realized you may not be ready to deal with any of this till spring.
    I'm sorry. I do not mean to rush you.

Post Thanks / Like

I so sorry to hear this. There is a blow mold expert in Chicago. I don't know her name but pm Ernie. He has been there and may have some contact info.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2009 - 48 channel MegaTree 4800 lights
    plus 3200 lights static display.
    2010 - 6 Snowflakes on heavy equipment stored in front yard :-(
    2011 - 72 channel Megatree 7520 lights,
    120 channel total about 10k lights total

6. Thanks beeiilll thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skunberg View Post
    I so sorry to hear this. There is a blow mold expert in Chicago. I don't know her name but pm Ernie. He has been there and may have some contact info.

Carrie Sansing. Here's her show facebook page. You should be able to reach her from there.
    https://www.facebook.com/GlenviewLights/

8. Thanks beeiilll thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you werent so far away I would be all over your blow mold collection.
    2016 - 32 LOR Channels - Roughly 5,000 Lights - 2 Sequenced Songs
    2017 - 64 LOR Channels - 9,373 Lights - 4 Sequenced Songs
    2018 - 64 LOR Channels - New House - Total Redesign - 9,011 Lights - 5 Sequenced Songs (Interactive)
    2019 - 80 LOR Channels - Expecting 15,000+ Lights - 6-8 Sequences Songs (Interactive)

Ridgewood Lights - Facebook Page
    Ridgewood Lights - YouTube Video

10. Thanks beeiilll thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry-Rigs View Post
    I just re-read your post and realized you may not be ready to deal with any of this till spring.
    I'm sorry. I do not mean to rush you.
    No troubles, Jerry, Thanks and yes this whole year is being tough on me. I really didn't want to sell my house but it boiled down to no choice. Things have just gone wrong this year in so many ways that it is not a very merry time at all.

Hopefully, I will be able to get photos and a listing of all things this coming spring. Right now it is a daily chore for me to make 3 or 4 trips to the house to load a pickup truck with stuff and move it to where I am going to be living. Everything is just being "placed" into cabins, house, large open garage, and wherever I can put things for now just to get it moved.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skunberg View Post

I "know" Carrie but have not chatted with her in a few years now. She was a great help back some years ago when I was getting started with repairing, painting, and some touch-ups on a few molds. Very nice lady and so knowledgeable.