Thread: FPP-Trouble

Post Thanks / Like

Default FPP-Trouble

I need some Help
    After running successfully a scheduled show , the playlists are empty next day. Cannot start or see the playlist anymore. The single sequence are still available. And I cannot ad a new playlist to try. I can ad a sequence but it is not possible to save the new play list and see it in the scheduler window.
    Yesterday I set up the whole FPP completely new including Upgrade latest version. It was okay for the evening the show run perfect. But this morning the same problem. Playlist are gone. status page did not show the play list or the scheduled show.

Any help is highly appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FPP-Trouble

Have you tried using a different storage method or device to rule out corrupted storage?

Post Thanks / Like

Do you mean I shall use a new SD card in the Raspberry PI

Post Thanks / Like

Did you happen to remove power from the PI without telling it to shut down first?

Are you using internal or external storage?

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by einfachrene View Post
    Do you mean I shall use a new SD card in the Raspberry PI
    Yes, that or possibly try using a usb for storage.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if your media is failing or you have scripts or other hardware influencing the missing files/schedules. Feeling it is not FPP.

Suggest you start fresh with a new uSD (micro SD Card) A 16 or 32GB uSD and no USB Drive installed. 8GB will work, but storage is limited, and 64GB and above will not.
    Load the latest FPP image, version 2.4, then update to 2.5.1 (or later if available) (https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/2.4)

Load Instructions: https://falconchristmas.com/forum/in....html#msg86821

Note: I think the design of FPP v2.xx is to run the OS and storage on the uSD, and is very stable. I'm testing a Pi3 with FPP 2.5.1 and can't seem to break it, [with the lite stuff.....not running scripts or heavy channels.] I power off without shutdown 2-10 times a day from v-beta to v2.0 then to v2.51. No loss of files, playlists or schedules.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies,
    I think I had a problem while disconnecting from power without shutdown the FPP. Now everything is back, I see al the playlists again. Working wit FPP v.2.5.1.
    Only one thing left. 2 Pixel are always on sins this happened. And at the end of the Playlist the Sequence dose not stop. Or let say the last sequence is still on without any movement. I can only get back if I turn the Testmode on and of... Any Idea?
    Rene