Thread: your pc can't run this app message

Post Thanks / Like

Default your pc can't run this app message

I have been running vixen dev build 766 32 bit on my show pc. I zipped some new set ups to move to this pc now I get the above message. I have been searching for an answer but unable to come up with an answer. Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: your pc can't run this app message

Tell us a bit more about this new pc, OS? Versions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using the same pc's for 3 years. win10 on both. show pc is old. it is 32bit system with 64 bit processor. My main "design and sequencing" pc is win10 64bit. I was using the show pc to test lights 4 days ago with no problems but today when I went to start vixen I got the profile locked message. I searched every folder on the drive for the .lock file with no luck. So I confirmed that my vixen version are the same on both pc's and they are including 32 bit version on the show pc and 64 on my main pc. I had made some adjustments to my elements and wanted to move them over to the show pc. So I zipped the profile and moved it over and now I get "your pc is unable to run this app please see manufacturer for a newer version" this is a windows message not a vixen message. So after hours of toying with it I am removing all vixen files from the show pc. those in documents and program files. I am going to start fresh. If I get the same messages there is a good chance there will be a bonfire in the cul de sac tonight

Post Thanks / Like

You’re describing two different issues. Your computer can’t run this software is one thing. The lock file is another.
    The lock file issue would come because you copied the vixen profile manually without first shutting down Vixen. If you use the zip wizard this wouldn’t be an issue. Just delete the lock file in the profile on the destination computer.
    This software won’t run is a different issue and means you’re trying on a version of windows older than windows 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I did use the zip wizard.

Post Thanks / Like

The pc can't run this app is likely you have the 64bit version installed on a 32 bit machine, or some windows defender setting is way to aggressive.

Post Thanks / Like

I have shut off all antivirus and malware software. Shut off defender. ferifies all version are 32 bit. it still happens. I have removed all versions of vixen and reinstalled. I was able to get a profile to load but it shuts down right after loading.

Post Thanks / Like

So you have got past the unable to run then? If so and it shuts down after loading a profile, then post the error and fatal log from My Documents\Vixen 3\logs

Post Thanks / Like

I think what I am going to do is retire that PC. I built it 13 years ago and it started with xp and now has 10 with all OS in between. I have another pc waiting in the wings. I am going to rest the newer one to factory settings and get vixen up and running. I am glad I have back up to my back ups. I will let you know how it goes

Post Thanks / Like

New PC switch and everything is working fine. Funny thing is after the switch I went to "reset" the old PC and now when I restart it states " no operating system found" I guess it has run its course.