Thread: IT WORKS!!...I FINALLY INVENTED SOMETHING THAT WORKS!!! - Dr. Emmett Brown

Post Thanks / Like

Default IT WORKS!!...I FINALLY INVENTED SOMETHING THAT WORKS!!! - Dr. Emmett Brown

Ok...I didnít really invent it but after about 6 months working on this project it FINALLY works! (I hope you guys appreciate the Back to the Future reference)

I have to say I felt like Doc Brown from Back to the Future or Dr. Frankenstein from...well...Frankenstein when I first saw those lights blinking on my kitchen table on my command!

The major thing that was wrong is that I did not have a ground going to my Arduino so a huge thank you to @wirenut1980 and MartinMuller2003 for responding to my post and helping me out with that! My other issue I had a feeling was something to do with my code. So I decided to copy victor_pvís code fresh. I adjusted the settings and uploaded to my Arduino and added the Vixen header ď~!Ē (apparently thatís important...lol)and bam! My relay LEDs started blinking!

Unfortunately being so late in the season I may not have time to hook it up to the house lights this year but weíll see. But Iím already super pumped for next years show!

Thank you so much for this forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: IT WORKS!!...I FINALLY INVENTED SOMETHING THAT WORKS!!! - Dr. Emmett Brown

Congratulations.
    The first time "it" works is always a thrill, no matter what "it" is. Great feeling.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: IT WORKS!!...I FINALLY INVENTED SOMETHING THAT WORKS!!! - Dr. Emmett Brown

I remember that day - I when I got my Renard TR 24 to blink 1 string of lights on and off, then to move that string from channel to channel....it was Supper exciting!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations and welcome to the next step in the insanity we call blinky flashy

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the other side.