Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Pixel style for house outline?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which Pixel style for house outline?

I have about 325 linear feet of C9 LED's around the perimeter of my house that I would like to change to pixels for next year (my pixel tree was a HUGE success this year and my wife requested pixels on the house).

Should I switch to a "Pixelbulb", Pixel strips, Pixel nodes, or pixel bullets for reliability, ease of install, and brightness.

Would like to order before the end of the year to be able to prep the show for next year...

Thanks so much
    Allen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Which Pixel style for house outline?

It's totally up to you to achieve the look you want. If you like the look of the C-9's, then go with a style of Pixabulbs. If you don't really care about the daytime look, then Pixel Nodes work very well also. Your Pixel spacing will be determined by how far your home is from the street. The further away, the wider spacing you can use. Stay away from strips, repairs are much harder than with bulbs (or nodes). As far as ordering, you can usually save a lot if you wait for the Pre-Sales that should be starting pretty soon.
    Last edited by rstehle; 11-28-2018 at 03:57 PM.

3. Thanks arange98 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the Pixabulbs since they look similar to C9s. This is my second year using them and i really loked how quick they went up using the Boscoyo pixatrim.

5. Thanks arange98 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rstehle View Post
    It's totally up to you to achieve the look you want. If you like the look of the C-9's, then go with a style of Pixabulbs. If you don't really care about the daytime look, then Pixel Nodes work very well also. Your Pixel spacing will be determined by how far your home is from the street. The further away, the wider spacing you can use. Stay away from strips, repairs are much harder than with bulbs (or nodes). As far as ordering, you can usually save a lot if you wait for the Pre-Sales that should be starting pretty soon.
    I never thought about repairs, so your comment about strips makes a lot of sense.

When using nodes do you have to angle them down towards the street or just leave them facing upwards?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by K-State Fan View Post
    I like the Pixabulbs since they look similar to C9s. This is my second year using them and i really loked how quick they went up using the Boscoyo pixatrim.
    I have some pixabulbs but didn't find them to be as bright as bullets. Did you have the same experience?

My LED C9s are minleon's and are very bright, so I want something as bright or close if possible...

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Following. Id like todo the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rstehle View Post
    About the strips... yes, stay away. They have their place I suppose, but a royal PITA when you have to fix a section (and THEN make it waterproof again).

Post Thanks / Like

I bought C9s from Ray Wu and have them all mounted to PVC for easier setup. The first couple of years I bought them that looked like traditional C9s with the base, but I've since switched to the flat base and put 2 zip ties on each side. I run them at 100%, whereas the other pixels I use in props are at 40% and I feel that works well for my show.

11. Thanks arange98 thanked for this post
    Likes Stormyblade, rtificial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by studiopro View Post
    I bought C9s from Ray Wu and have them all mounted to PVC for easier setup. The first couple of years I bought them that looked like traditional C9s with the base, but I've since switched to the flat base and put 2 zip ties on each side. I run them at 100%, whereas the other pixels I use in props are at 40% and I feel that works well for my show.
    Good to know. I used the GECE lights I've been using for years, only this time connected to a E682, and I just don't like how they look compared to WS2811 lights. Don't get me wrong - they look fine, but the dimming steps and colors just aren't the same. I've already got the go-ahead from the Head Finance Officer (aka wife) to change them out to Pixabulbs for next year. My plan is to ask Ray for 4" spacing with square/flat base and simply zip-tie them to 1/2" PVC as I did with the GECE bulbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arange98 View Post
    I have some pixabulbs but didn't find them to be as bright as bullets. Did you have the same experience?

My LED C9s are minleon's and are very bright, so I want something as bright or close if possible...

Thanks!
    I had CDI C9s prior to the pixabulbs I am sure they are not as those were.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast