Thread: C9 on roofline ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default C9 on roofline ?

Hi,

I am hanging c9s along my roofline and on several sections of the gutter there are splash guards aka gusher guards attached to the edge of the gutter. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to navigate on or parking these guards? I have seen people put the clips on top of the guards which elevated the strand by several inches and does not look “clean”. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA

-Donnie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: C9 on roofline ?

Donnie,
    This is something I have messed with for years. I have yet to find a good way to secure any lights to the gutters when gutter guards are installed. I have tried multiple kinds of clips and wire bent into shape to hold things securely. I have had some luck but nothing great.

This year I decided enough was enough. I was sick and tired of the lights blowing down in the wind. I finally decided to just move the lights below the gutters and secure them to the facia with the Holiday Coro 1/2" pvc clips. My lights are now secured to 1/2" pvc pipe and they snap into place.

I too was worried about the look. Honestly, now that I have the lights on you do not even notice it and no one really cares. In the 12 years I have been doing this I came to realize that most people are so in awe over the show as a whole they do not notice the minor details that stick out to you and I. Don't sweat the small stuff.
    Thanks,
    Brian, your friendly site Admin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosill View Post
    secure them to the facia with the Holiday Coro 1/2" pvc clips. My lights are now secured to 1/2" pvc pipe and they snap into place.
    This is sorta what I've done with pixels, except I (well, my son) drilled holes in 1/2 PVC and we pushed the pixels in. Nice straight lines! Although it looks like a blizzard hit my shop...plastic shavings everywhere!!!

Post Thanks / Like

[I too was worried about the look. Honestly, now that I have the lights on you do not even notice it and no one really cares. In the 12 years I have been doing this I came to realize that most people are so in awe over the show as a whole they do not notice the minor details that stick out to you and I. Don't sweat the small stuff.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree on this statement. Most folks taking in the entire show and don't see the small stuff. It's something I have to remind my wife (who does all the sequencing) that we are our worst critics!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all for the feedback. I’ve decided to take the path of least resistance and simply mount the gutter clips atop the splash guards.