Thread: How to setup an AC string of lights in Xlights?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How to setup an AC string of lights in Xlights?

I've searched all of the forums and watched many videos. I`m missing something..... When I set up a string of AC lights in Xlights I pick Poly Line in Layout and set #Lights=100 String type=Single color.

Is there a setting I'm missing to make it an AC string? When I go into Sequencer I cannot select AC On/Off and drag it to the Poly line i created.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How to setup an AC string of lights in XlightsÉ

The poly line or light strand would be 1 channel. Nodes would be 1 and string type would be single color. I think when Keith did the video he used the candy cane as an example.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How to setup an AC string of lights in Xlights?

Thanks for your reply. I saw his video but i was hoping there was a way to be able to see it as a line of lights in the preview.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I saw his video but i was hoping there was a way to be able to see it as a line of lights in the preview.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    I believe you set the node count to "1", and then set the "lights per node" to be whatever you need it to be.

Post Thanks / Like

I use lots of AC in Xlights and it works well. I use single lines, poly lines, window frames, stars, and other shapes. My house outline and window outlines are still old fashioned C9, and I run one string white, one red, one green. In Xlights i create lines (or other shapes like rectangles and stars) associated with the channel, and for the preview if I have multiple colors I just make several that overlap each other. For the single or polylines mine are defined with a #strings = 1, lights per string depends on how you want it to be displayed but I think makes no difference when the signal is sent to the controller, a single channel, and under String Properties set string type to 'single color'. My arches are AC arches, and I use single lines for each section - not as pretty in the preview as using the Arch object but it works. When I build the effects for AC, I stick with on/off effects and ramping. You can probably apply some of the others but since they're meant for pixels you will need to poke around to get what you want (which you may want to do if trying to build a full display wipe left to right or something like that). I have about 200 channels of AC in use, some RGB Floods using DMX control, and a couple pixel trees with E682 controllers. My preview isn't exact, but a good representation, and I've been able to map everything successfully - I export to FPP and run from that player.