Thread: Are Warm White lights overrated?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Are Warm White lights overrated?

I was wondering, does anyone think Warm White lights are overrated? While I think they are appropriate for an indoor atmosphere such as a Christmas tree, for some applications such as icicle lights they look tacky (doesn't that defeat the purpose of icicle lights? Cool White LEDs look more icy). Unfortunately because of consumer preferences, Cool White sets are being driven out of the market, even in applications where they seem appropriate. I had to look hard this year for a set of Cool White icicles since my previous ones bit the dust; I found twinkling sets of 200 at Home Depot.

So, does anyone think Warm White lights are overrated? I don't think they are inherently better in all applications. IMO icicle lights should not be Warm White since they don't look icy.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Are Warm White lights overrated?

I guess it depends on the look you are looking for. The warm white is more of a traditional Christmas light imo. The cool white is more of a new age laser style color. I understand your perspective of the cool white being more of a true icicle color temp and I agree it is but I prefer warm white across the board. Use whatever makes you happy. No right or wrong.
    Thanks,
    Brian, your friendly site Admin.

Post Thanks / Like

It really is all about preference. I prefer my outside lights to be cool white LEDs for that pop effect. But I also prefer my in side tree to be white/clear incans as they give that warm feeling to the room.

Post Thanks / Like

I have some warm white arches from years past and I like em..

Post Thanks / Like

I like warm white for my Christmas tree in the house, but pure white for the display