Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! Distance from controller to pixel, or between props?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help! Distance from controller to pixel, or between props?

You might get away with that at 40%. Take a look at this calculator to give you an idea of what’s happening with your voltage. If you put power between the first and second string then you only need power at that single point. You could also inject between the two windows or at the end. I usually inject at the beginning and end of a 200 pixel string. Data would have to start at pixel 1 of course. I suppose another important question is whether you’re providing enough amperage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrewDennis View Post
    What type of wire do you use for V+?
    Its not only V+ on the injection. When I use cat5 its data and V- and 14/2 for V+ and V- for the injection. Depends on the prop and distance from psu. You can also use the 18/4 security cable and double up the wires for injection. Red and white V+ and Black and green V-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcamron View Post
    You might get away with that at 40%. Take a look at this calculator to give you an idea of what’s happening with your voltage. If you put power between the first and second string then you only need power at that single point. You could also inject between the two windows or at the end. I usually inject at the beginning and end of a 200 pixel string. Data would have to start at pixel 1 of course. I suppose another important question is whether you’re providing enough amperage.
    PSU is 12v 30a. Falcon is configured to run pixels at 20% right now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12