Thread: Fuse rating

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fuse rating

What rating blade fuse is recommended between psu and controller? I have 2 350watt psu running into a e682 controller powering 16x 12v 100 pixel strings.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fuse rating

Does not matter what the controller is powering. Your fuse needs to protect the wire going to the controller and the controller itself. Look at the controller spec to see the max it can use. Then make sure the wire you use can handle that load plus 20%. Then use a fuse that will protect the controller if the controllers load exceeds the controllers rating.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fuse rating

Quote Originally Posted by Kristian View Post
    What rating blade fuse is recommended between psu and controller? I have 2 350watt psu running into a e682 controller powering 16x 12v 100 pixel strings.

Thanks
    according to the E682 specs, each of the power connection powers 8 outputs 32A per side so 64 A total. Your PS is only 30A max. I use E682s. I use 10 ga wire from the PS to the E682 but I use a 20A inline fuse. 10ga wire is rated fpr 30 A, 12ga is rated for 20A. Since pixels are so bright I run mine at 80% max using a Dimming curve in Vixen.

pixel are approx 60ma on full white so theoretically at 100 pixel you could be at 6 amps however unless you run everything at 100% full white you won't reach that.