Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mega tree wiring with E682

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Mega tree wiring with E682

Keep in mind that not all controllers can drive all ports at max current at the same time. This is one of the reasons I do NOT power ANY strings through the controller port. I power inject 100%. This allows me to use (relatively) thin (easily managed) wire from the controller to the prop.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

Great thanks for that! Can you run test mode from the e682 controller at a lower brightness or is it 100% by default? I will probably be changing over to all falcon for next season due to the easy expandability.
    What fuse rating and wire gauge does everyone use between psu and controller? I have 30amp cables ready to go in.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought some t-piece pigtails but hadn’t planned to use them this year, if I went down the power injection route with 1600 pixel tree how many pixels are recommended off each port? I assume that i would run the controller off one psu then inject with another couple of psu’s every 100 pixels or so.

Post Thanks / Like

I love my E682's for megatree operation. I run falcons for my other items, but I have a single e682 just for running the mega tree. I like that I don't waste the outputs on the falcons, and it makes the setup of the megatree very easy. I don't know if I will ever let it go, I also use one for testing lights in the basement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12