Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to get to my roofline?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How to get to my roofline?

Quote Originally Posted by wilmar View Post
    If you are still interested I am currently working on a solution to the same issue
    Don't leave us hanging like that!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    ~Jason
    [URL]http://www.tooz.us[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

They make hooks for your ladder that goes over the peak that secure the ladder so you can climb it to the peak
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    There is going to be at least a one time effort to put some kind of anchors up. There is system that uses magnets and once installed you use a long pole to click the lights to the anchors. Or same thing with some hooks. But I would think using a 25' pole would be a feat all its own.
    Yeah, I've got a similar issue in that I can't easily get lights up on the 2nd story gutters, or the roofline. I'm 53 and don't really like the idea of climbing all over my roof to hang and then remove lights every year. I *do* have anchors on the roofline that were installed when the house was built, but I still don't like the idea of getting up to said anchors to tie myself off. I also want to put lights up inside the archway of my front porch (see picture below) and figure if I can get up there once to install hooks or something, I can then use a pole to attach strings. I can actually climb out that window over the garage doors and hang a frame for that window, but getting up to that roofline and those top-level gutters...ugh...

20180817_small.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

One of my fantasies has been a motorized winch system in the attic that lowers hooks on cables and raises the lights from ground level without the need for a ladder.

2019 - Going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand (again). I will be dark for the 2nd year in a row. Sigh..

Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    I do have a life time fix ?? with a bit of money and time making them.
    Hire a scaffold tower with out riggers and wheels,make sure it will go to the height you need. Make 2 pulleys that you can fix to the roof tiles or the brick work just below the tile but make sure the pulley is above the roof tiles. Buy some very strong fishing line put one end in the wheel move the tower around to the other side keeping hold of the end of the line (some one holding the roll of line will a pencil or rod so line comes off freely ) When you fix the other pulley put the line thought done so now you can pull your lights up every year ( just make sure one end is always fix the the ground ) You do need to test this on the ground but i can not see why it will not work ????? all best Martin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12