Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with what I need please!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with what I need please!

Hey everyone. Complete newb when it comes to LED shows. I have resigned tot the fact that I cannot start a full display in time for 2018 so I am looking to 2019. I plan to do outline of my ranch home (front and 1 side elevation), and single car garage. I have figured on using 12mm 12v bullet pixel nodes with 3 spacing. All told it looks like about 1,050 Pixels. Being green, I am not sure what I will need for power supplies, controllers along with rough ideas of power placement. I found the mounting strips on boscoyo but not positive what to us with those to get everyone up.

I read all the knowledge on here and I am think I am sure to get some good ideas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help with what I need please!

Since you've relegated this project to 2019, why not wait for a month or two instead of asking everyone who's already rushing around trying to get their own 2018 shows working to take time off to ponder your questions which have no urgency for this year? Then I think you'll get plenty of feedback.

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store will be closing at the end of this year.
    While it's still open, please check us out for blinky-flashy gizmos that nobody else on the planet makes!

3. Likes mikel3332, Bwinter, Keith R liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A bit harsh.

Post Thanks / Like

Harsh, but true. This is a frantic time of year for everyone doing displays.

Post Thanks / Like

Not harsh at all, you have so much time , read up, try to figure it out instead of just asking generalized questions.
    Flash Flash Blink Blink,,Oh What A Relief It Is

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, it’s great that you are excited by our hobby. As Dave (the previous poster) says everyone has their head down at this time of year sorting their own shows. Come January (and beyond) the members will be happy to help and explain how it all works. If you want to get ahead of the game this is a great time to be on the forum because most of the posts concern problems people are having and the way to resolve them. My advice (for what it’s worth) is to follow threads where people have problems. These may make no sense to you until about September next year when you do some testing and things don’t work as expected and you have an Ahh moment.

As a way to gauge your ‘following’ of issues if you come away with an understanding of the difference between 510 and 512 you will be ahead of all the people who fell into that trap this year.
    I need to add a note here: This is a trap that I fall into regularly during setup each year and I don’t think I’m the only one. Because I know of its existence it’s one of the first things I check and it’s quite often the problem and is not meant in any way to offend people who are seeking advice on this matter. Not just in this hobby – in my opinion one of the best attributes of a person is to appreciate what they don’t know.

Post Thanks / Like

Double post - Deleted.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with what I need please!

Thanks everyone. Clearly I sounded like an overly sensitive millennial. I know there is a ton of knowledge her I so I will do my best to get thoughts and ideas from posts and after the holidays, hope to ramp up planning

Last edited by JB_Frazier; 11-08-2018 at 10:22 PM.

10. Thanks Airwolf16 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know that it sounded like dirknerkle was being a bit short .... and maybe he was a tad , BUT .... let me tell you , he is one of the MANY who has been around here for YEARS and believe me when I tell you that he will try his darnedest to help you resolve ANY and ALL problems you may encounter in this hobby . EVERYONE here is very helpful , but as was already said , you're really asking at the wrong time for generalized questions for NEXT years setup .
    Here is an example of HOW they step up to the plate to help out another who is lost , EVEN when they , themselves are rushed and stressed in getting their own light show up and running on time .

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...nel-box-how-to

I am a member of other Christmas light show forums also , and let me tell you .... there is NOT another bunch as helpful as they are here ! When I first joined here , the originator of Vixen - KC ( I believe his last name is Oakes ) was here .... not only did he help ,me , BUT , I had a MAJOR issue with an HILL 320 ( a VERY old and outdated board with 5 million wires , that I used a LONG time ago and he actually took the time and wrote some programming for it for me to solve the problem . AND told me how to insert it . And this was RIGHT before Thanksgiving. the HEIGHT of the "crunch" time .

12. Likes Stormyblade liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No doubt everyone is helpful (my reason for posting in the first place). For the time being, Ill read up best I can, read through the other posts, and keep an eye on the projects people have done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast