Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Candy Canes - do you hand them out or ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Candy Canes - do you hand them out or ?

For the last few years I have dressed up like Santa and the wife made a little red velvet bag for me to hold the candy canes in and when I would walk up to the vehicle and wish them a Merry Christmas and then hand each person in the vehicle a candy cane. And when before I leave , I would tell them to enjoy the show .
    Well , here is my question to you .

Do you hand them out in person , or do you have a way for the folks to get them from a stand or something ?
    If you have some sort of stand or something else , can you please post a pic so I can get an idea . I'm getting old and these winters seem to be getting colder ( lol ) to be standing outside for hours at a time . I thought about building a little shack ( kinda like the ones school kids wait in , while waiting for the school bus ) , but not really wanting to do something that big of a project .
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated .

( live in NE section of Iowa BTW )

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Candy Canes - do you hand them out or ?

We do hand them out, but only when we are outside (which is a lot of the time since we live in the Phoenix area, not as cold as Iowa).

3. Likes TazChaLet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hand them out. But for me itís more selfish than benevolent. Itís my method to get people to roll down their window to talk to them. I donít bother with a Santa suit. But I usually do throw on a Santa hat. Talking to people keeps me in touch with what they like and what they do and donít notice in the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes TazChaLet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a meet Santa night usually the last Saturday before Christmas. We hand out candy canes, homemade-individually packaged cookies/candy and hot chocolate. The kids are given the chance to talk to Santa and have their pictures taken. We have gradually built it up; last year over 500 people came by.
    When we are outside during the `season`, we hand out candy canes, a card which has our info, web site and `meet santa` information.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a basket under my charity donation box for people to get some.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a container on my radio sign that I put candy canes in. I fill the container before the show starts and empty it when the show ends, this is because kids will take them during the day as they walk to school, dramatically increasing the number of candy canes I have to buy. I also empty the donation box every night at the same time. I do go out a few times a night to check and restock, if I see a car out there I make sure they picked one up.

Last year I gave out around 250 full size candy canes. I have 36 dozen candy canes ready for this year. We moved to a new neighborhood that has a lot of little kids (new sub division) so I am anticipating all 36 dozen to be handed out.
    2016 - 32 LOR Channels - Roughly 5,000 Lights - 2 Sequenced Songs
    2017 - 64 LOR Channels - 9,373 Lights - 4 Sequenced Songs
    2018 - 64 LOR Channels - Hoping For 10,000+ Lights - 4 or 5 Sequenced Songs

Ridgewood Lights - Facebook Page
    Ridgewood Lights - YouTube Page

Moved Beginning Of 2018, New Display With A New Name Coming End Of 2018!

Best Christmas Lights of 2017

Post Thanks / Like

I hand them out but only on Christmas eve. I like to do that so I can chat briefly with the viewers about how they found us, what they like, etc.

Last year I went through 240 canes in 1.5 hours.

Jimboha
    Springville, Utah

Post Thanks / Like

I hand them out when I am outside if I see people out there being I live in a 55+ gated mobile home most the people are in golf carts
    James WinterHaven Fl

Post Thanks / Like

I have a covered area next to my Donation box. We suggest they make a donation to our local animal shelter and take a candy cane for everyone in the cart. i use the Mini Candy Canes BTW.
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes

Post Thanks / Like

Wow ...these are some really great responses , but if I'm not being too pushy , is there any chance I get some of you to possibly post some pictures so I can get ideas ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast