Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back to step one writting a hex file to 16f688

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Back to step one writting a hex file to 16f688

Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    Thank you for the offer, but I really need to be able to program them here. I'm still building the show and don't exactly know what the addresses need to be at this time. and time is running out.

The PicKit2 programmer doesn't have the 16f688 in it's program to select from. I do not remember how I got the 16f288 in the list of device families. I don't remember if I had to do a update to get more chips recognized by the programmer. If I did, I have no idea where I got the update to down load. Like I said I have all the renard start address hex files. I don't need a program to compile with to make a hex file.
    I am a bit confused. The only time you need to modify the start address is if you are using a shared media network like xbee. If you have xbee then you have had to already do a significant level of planning. If you are using a USB dongle, a pixel stic, or a bridge, you should not need to change the start address.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't trying to modify a start address. I was trying to program a 16f688 with a start address. But my problem was, the PicKit2 programmer was not allowing me to pick the 16f688 from a selection of devices. So I uninstalled the programmer and went and found one on the Web and down loaded it. From there I had no more problem selecting the 16f688 from the list in the programmer.
    all is good with that now.

I have other problems with my Xbees failure to communicate with X-CTU. I started a thread on that on DIYChristmas.org maybe you can help me with that.

Post Thanks / Like

I also got mine programmed too it worked great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12